King Mo Documentary

Drooke

• 3 months later...

On the above vid you should watch the last few moments.  King Mo tell you what would happen if he were to wrestle an NCAA champ at this moment.  It is classic and the best sound bite of the whole videon.

Muhammed "King Mo" Lawal explores free agency, eyes August fight with Don Frye

by John Morgan on Jul 13, 2009 at 9:05 am ET

Undefeated prospect Muhammed "King Mo" Lawal (4-0), currently a free agent after completing a four-fight deal with World Victory Road's Sengoku organization, looks to return to action in an August bout with MMA legend Don Frye (20-7-1).

Lawal recently told MMAjunkie.com Radio (www.mmajunkie.com/radio) he has verbally agreed to an August contest under the M-1 banner, and he hopes to sign a non-exclusive contract with the organization in the near future.

The 28-year-old Lawal said he is then open to fighting in any organization ? provided the contract is in his best interest.

"I'll fight anybody," Lawal said. "Brock (Lesnar), I don't care. I'm a mercenary for the cash. But at the same time, I want the experience.

"I like to fight a lot. Right now I'm just in the early stages of my career. I feel like I need to stay busy and fight and beat bigger names."

Lawal, who debuted professionally in September 2008, has remained undefeated through four fights against opponents with a combined record of 91-28-4.

Lawal has missed the past three months while recovering from surgery on an injured ACL. Once he returns to action, Lawal said he's open to fighting from 185 pounds up to heavyweight.

"I can cut to 185 (pounds)," Lawal said. "It's a three-week process. I'll fight at 205 (pounds). I'll fight heavyweight. Wherever I can get the most money and the most fights is where I'll fight."

Before he finds a more permanent home, Lawal expects to face Frye on Aug. 29 at an as-yet-unannounced M-1 event in Los Angeles. Frye told MMAjunkie.com he had been working on a potential bout with Bobby Lashley, but negotiations have apparently fallen through.

A 13-plus-year veteran who debuted professionally at UFC 8, Frye last fought in a May submission win over Rich Moss in the Texas-based Shark Fight promotion.

• 2 weeks later...

Frye vs. Lawal official for M-1 on Aug. 28; Thompson vs. Amoussou set for undercard

by MMAjunkie.com Staff on Jul 23, 2009 at 6:15 pm ET

As MMAjunkie.com (www.mmajunkie.com) first reported, MMA legend Don Frye (20-7-1) will meet fast-rising prospect Muhammed "King Mo" Lawal (4-0) in the main event of "M-1 Breakthrough" on Aug. 28.

Announced as the organization's "new premium fight series," the event will be held in conjunction with IMMAE, and international MMA trade show, at the Los Angeles Convention Center in California.

"M-1 Breakthrough" will be broadcast live on HDNet.

In addition to the previously reported main event, "M-1 Breakthrough" will also feature a co-main event between Nick Thompson (38-11-1) and Karl Amoussou (10-2-1).

A seven-time veteran of the M-1 organization, Frenchman Amoussou is currently riding a two-fight win streak. Amoussou earned a spectacular flying-knee knockout in his previous outing, an April contest at M-1 Challenge 14 that lasted just 23 seconds.

Thompson was last scene in a submission loss to Tim Kennedy in June under the Strikeforce banner. "The Goat" has also appeared for the UFC, Sengoku, EliteXC and BodogFIGHT in his extremely active six-year career.

Both Lawal and Amoussou will be competing in the U.S. for the first time.

In addition to the evening's two co-main events, HDNet will broadcast five other bouts on the "M-1 Breakthrough" card.

Ticket information for the event is expected to be released shortly.

For the latest on "M-1 Breakthrough," stay tuned to the MMA Rumors section of MMAjunkie.com.