A Salute to All Senior Wrestlers & Their Parents

Fatherof2

Having watched my youngest finish up his High School career last night at Conseco, I feel nothing but pride and joy for all that he has accomplished over the past 4 years in and out of wrestling.  A whole new life is waiting for him and the other senior wrestlers upon graduation. 

Congrats to each of you for being willing to stand there alone in the middle of a circle ready to take on an opponent.  That experience in and of itself, and your willingness to overcome the nerves and fears to do what many would considered too intimidating to ever try, will serve you well in life. 

My hope for all of you is that your best days are ahead and that the lessons you have learned from being involved with wrestling (on and off of the mat) will help you throughout your life.  Regardless of where you ended up at the end of this season, realize that you were successful because you dedicated your time and efforts to the betterment of yourself.  I wish each of you great luck and good fortune as you move into the next phase of life.

Remember to thank your family, teammates and friends for all of the love & support, emotions, time, energy, money, etc. they have invested/spent to help you excel in life. 

Again, enjoy the life  ahead of you and when you can ? give back to the sport that gave you the opportunities you have had to learn and grow. 

P.S.  and remember to thank you parents!

Mr. Mascaro

Fatherof2

As a father of a graduating wrestler I want to say thanks for a great letter. It is going to be a little odd not seeing all the familiar faces out on the mat next year. You should be very proud of Will, he always showed a lot of class any time we wrestled him and he is a fine young man. Good luck to him and all the graduating Sr's you will be missed.

Thank you Western Cat for the kind comments.  Your comment on not seeing those familar faces next year will be weird.  Carmel has a great group of young wrestlers coming up, so we plan to help support them just like others have supported Chris & Will over the years.  See you in the stands.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.