R.I.P. Fred Lamb

rvq71

ALEXANDRIA ? Fred Joseph Lamb, 72, Alexandria, passed away Feb. 11, 2009, at his residence.

He was born Dec. 21, 1936, in Washington, Ind., and resided in Madison County for 62 years.

He was a 1956 graduate of Anderson High School, received his bachelor?s degree in 1960 from Indiana University and received his master?s degree from Ball State University in 1970.

He was Anderson High School?s first State Wrestling Champion and was the Big 10 Champion.

He taught and coached at Anderson Community Schools for 36 years. He was inducted into the Indiana Wrestling Coach?s Association Hall of Fame in 1988, was one of the founders of the annual Madison County Wrestling Tournament, received the Outstanding Wrestling Trophy now named in his honor, a member of the Indiana High School Wrestling Association, ?I? Men?s Association, I.U. Alumni Association, American Legion Post 408 and Madison County Voiture 510 40 and 8.

A Celebration of Life Service will be held from 1 to 4 p.m. Sunday at Robert D. Loose Funeral Homes and Crematory, South Chapel, 200 W. 53rd St., Anderson.

I'm glad to see some fellow Anderson Indian Alums here.. AHS class of 2002..  Mr. Lamb was one of the nicest and most loyal wrestling fan that I have ever met.. He was at almost every wrestling event from the elementary to high school level.. I will miss talking to Mr. Lamb at our wrestling events.. He supported every wrestling program in our area.. Great friend that I and many others in our community will miss dearly..

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.