Franklin's Daniel Mercer Folkstyle Challenge 1-25-09

PROPOWER

Franklin?s Daniel Mercer Folkstyle Challenge 1-25-09

This is just a reminder that Franklin?s Daniel Mercer Folkstyle Challenge has NO SUNDAY MORNING WEIGH-INS.  Clubs wishing to fax can obtain forms by sending a request to sales@proindustries.com and include club name, contact name and contact phone number.  Faxes must be on Franklin?s forms or they will not be accepted.  Individual wishing to weigh in can do so at on-site weigh-in Saturday January 24th from 4:00 pm ? 6:00 pm.  Franklin Community High School is located at 2600 Cumberland Drive, Franklin IN 46131. 

This tournament is open to pee-wee  thru cadet (middle school age cadets only).  We will use Mat Side Pairing.  Entry fee is $10.  All participants must be a USA Wrestling Card Holder.  USAW cards will be sold on site with a $2 handling fee added to price of card. 

Please submit questions and requests to sales@proindustires.com .

Thank You,

Franklin Wrestling Club

Year-in year-out this is one of the best ran tournaments around.  Starts on-time, mat-side pairing & awards, just a very nice flowing tournament ran by some great people!!!  In memory of a very courgious and special young man.  Will there, again, be any type of fundraiser as in the past?

ATTENTION ALL CLUBS FAXING WEIGH-INS

We are asking that all clubs faxing their weigh-ins to please bring a basket to our silent auction.  Attached you will find information about a fund we are setting up in honor of Daniel Mercer.  It was also a lot of fun last year.  The basket or whatever you wish to donate. i.e. tickets, theme baskets, jewelry,  etc. would be greatly appreciated.  Any questions, contact Patt Van Horn at 317-412-3299.

Year-in year-out this is one of the best ran tournaments around.  Starts on-time, mat-side pairing & awards, just a very nice flowing tournament ran by some great people!!!  In memory of a very courgious and special young man.  Will there, again, be any type of fundraiser as in the past?

I don`t think we will be there this year because of the middle school season. I do have to agree thet Franklin runs one of the best tournamebts we have ever attended. If you have never attended a tournament here, you will not be disappointed. I usually call them like I see them and these people are a class act.

First off I would like to give a special thanks to all the Clubs and Individuals that helped us run our tourney.  The ones that I can remember are Center Grove, Greenwood, Martinsville, Mooresville, Perry, Beech Grove, and Individual Board Members from the ISWA.  Please forgive me if I forgot your club.  I would also like to thank the parents and wrestlers that chose to attend.  We ended up with a total of 736 wrestlers.  I would also like to thank the clubs that donated towards the Daniel Mercer auction; we raised $711 for the Daniel Mercer Family Fund. 

Team Placements: 1st Contenders 9.27 pts, 2nd Red Cobra 8.55 pts, and 3rd Perry 8.0 pts.  (Reps from those clubs please contact me so I can get you the awards).  I think we were able to pull off a great event but it couldn?t have been done by the effort of countless volunteers.  Thanks again to everyone and hope to see you down the road.

Chris Lynch

Franklin Wrestling Club

ISWA Folkstyle Director

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.