Weston Close Memorial at Huntington North

SWwrestling

In the 189 match between Kaufman and Scott, Scott tried to muscle Kaufman.  Kaufman settled down and understood he needed to run moves instead of trying to wrestle straight up with Scott.  Kaufman made his adjustments and pinned Scott.  Kaufman was impressed with Scott's strength.  Good luck Scott. 

what weight did jacob holloway go? 40 or 45?

Holloway went 145 and won that weight class, he will stay 145 the rest of the year.

I hope your right. I'd lots rather see him at 145 then 140 or 135.

I was talking to Hovermale and he said that he was going 140, Holloway 145, and Bratcher 160 for the remainder of the year. Holloway and Bratcher were struggling to make weight and Eastbrook feels that having Hovermale at 140 and Holloway at 145 will make them a stronger team come tournament time.

Randy Kaufman is a good kid and will get better with the better competition he is now facing. The kids from Marion and Hunington North are tough kids. The Kepner kid from Benton Central will be tough Thursday, and then Saturday he faces the Shrewsberry kid from Crown Point and Keith from Portage.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.