Jeff?s Harper earns Assistant Coach of the Year

June 11, 2012

SPORTS IN BRIEF: June 12, 2012

NEWS AND TRIBUNE

sports@newsandtribune.com

> SOUTHERN INDIANA ?  

>>H.S. WRESTLING

Jeff?s Harper earns Assistant Coach of the Year

Jeffersonville assistant wrestling coach Zach Harper was voted the indiana High School Wrestling Coaches Association?s Assistant Coach of the Year, according to IHSWCA vice president and Jeffersonville head wrestling coach Danny Struck. 

Harper is a lifelong Jeffersonville wrestler and coach. Harper has been an active member of the Team Jeff Wrestling Club, either as a wrestler or coach, since the club?s creation in 1991. 

He has served as an elementary coach, Parkview Middle School?s head coach, a Jeffersonville assistant coach and a Team Jeff coach for the past seven years. 

During Harper?s tenure as an assistant coach at Jeffersonville, the Red Devils have won three Hoosier Hills Conference championships and five sectional titles. 

In addition to his coaching duties, Harper serves on the IHSWCA board as Southern Indiana?s regional representative, as well as on the team state duals committee. 

?I am very excited for Zach, and for the Jeffersonville Community,? Struck said in a release. ?I am blessed to coach with my best friend each day. He does so many things behind the scenes from fixing things in the wrestling room, to moving mats, setting up meets, driving kids to meets and just dealing with me. I can?t express my thanks enough for what he does for our kids, and myself. Furthermore, I am just so excited that the kids of our community get to be coached by a person that is the state?s coach of the year. It is just one more reason why things at JHS are special for our kids.?

Harper will be recognized at the IHSWCA Hall of Fame banquet after this coming season?s IHSAA State Finals. 

? Sports Editor Matt koesters

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.