Indiana Renegades will ride again - 2014 NWCA Scholastic Duals

samaj

Coaches-

The Indiana Renegades will again be entering two teams into the NWCA Scholastic Duals which take place April 10-12 in Crawfordsville at Wabash College.

The goal of the Renegades teams is to serve as an option for those wrestlers who just miss out on the opportunity to qualify for and make the Indiana Blue and Gold teams that are sponsored by the IHSWCA.  The team is put together by a committee of coaches around the state and we have "representatives" on the coaching and selection staff from northern, central, and southern Indiana.

In the past one could consider the Renengades a "farm team" per say to the IHSWCA teams.  The coaches who volunteer time to coach the IHSWCA teams would bring kids to the event from their own programs who may not have made the IHSWCA teams and the Renegades gave them an opportunity to get their own kids some national level competition right here in our own back yard.  That is not so much the case anymore, but that concept is why the Renegades were born.

Who's eligible and What kind of kids are we looking for?

1. We will NOT...I repeat will NOT ask any wrestler that qualifies for the IHSWCA Sponsored teams.  We are not here to take wrestlers from those teams and we think it is important that the IHSWCA teams get the best possible kids they can get to compete and represent our state in this event.  (the two highest placing non seniors in the IHSAA State Finals qualify for those teams.)

2. We will try to put the best team possible together.  For instance, Many times the IHSWCA teams will have State Placers on the rosters and we would have State Qualifiers.  The Renegades LOVE to give state qualifiers who don't qualify for the IHSWCA teams the chance to wrestle in this event.  We usually have a mix of State and Semi State level guys and are usually very competitive.  Usually we finish in the 7-12 place area of the tournament and beat several "state" teams from other states.

3. This is the most important part.  We want good people.  We want good wrestlers, and we want to compete well, I will even say yes we want to win!! BUT...I would rather take a great kid from a great family that is a semi state first round loser than a state qualifier who is going to be a risk of tearing up a locker room, a hotel room or causing the Renegade coaches drama.  Coaches...you know your kids, you know if your kid fits this bill or not.

4. Team members need to be able to compete at this level.  Make no mistake, this is a "national level" event with state all star teams coming in full of hammers.  I have seen more than a few kids make this trip and get humiliated for 2 days by not being able to compete.  Be careful what you wish for.  Some wrestlers are not ready for this.

Cost-

I am not going to put the cost to be a Renegade out to the public yet so that I do not take anything away from other teams that are trying to be formed.  What I will say that it is extremely affordable.  The cost includes the tournament entry fee, a singlet, shorts, and a tee shirt.  All other items...such as hotel, USA Wrestling Cards, Meals, etc etc are on the wrestlers.  We will have a team hotel but the housing is not part of the package.  The hotel will simply serve as a place to stay if team members wish to book rooms and stay there.

I want to add that the Indiana Renegades are not affiliated with the IHSWCA teams in anyway.  We are an alternative to those who dont qualify for those teams.

We are also looking for high school coaches who are willing to make the weekend trip and help coach our teams.  We like to have have a head coach and two assistants per team.

Any questions on becoming a team member or coaching a team can be emailed to me at eisports@sigecom.net

thanks and good luck to all wrestlers in the final two weeks of the season!!  Good luck to all past Renegades especially!!!

Renegades Ride!!!!!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.