Center Grove Beg Tournment

Hutt

First of all, i would like to say this was one of the better tourneys that we have been to.  Although, my wife seen something at the tourney that upset her very much.  This dad was really yelling and chewing out his kid, he grabbed him and shock him.  A lady tried to step in to calm the situation and he attached her verbally also.  Then the mother of the kid verbally attached the lady (close to fighting).  All of this was not only in front of their kid about about 50 others also.  I informed a Center Grove guy and he sent over the cop that they had rented to take care of the situation.  It is pretty sad that a cop has to be rented at these events just to make sure the kids are safe.  She would like me to remind everyone that this is just for fun for these kids.  Its not like they are going after the world title or something, there are no college recurites to impress.  They are there learning and getting mat time, not only learning about wrestling but about good sportsmanship.  These days more of this should be taught and it looks like not just to the kids but to parents to. You will win some and loss some but in the end they are still your child, and they look up to you.

First of all, i would like to say this was one of the better tourneys that we have been to.  Although, my wife seen something at the tourney that upset her very much.  This dad was really yelling and chewing out his kid, he grabbed him and shock him.  A lady tried to step in to calm the situation and he attached her verbally also.  Then the mother of the kid verbally attached the lady (close to fighting).  All of this was not only in front of their kid about about 50 others also.  I informed a Center Grove guy and he sent over the cop that they had rented to take care of the situation.  It is pretty sad that a cop has to be rented at these events just to make sure the kids are safe.  She would like me to remind everyone that this is just for fun for these kids.  Its not like they are going after the world title or something, there are no college recurites to impress.  They are there learning and getting mat time, not only learning about wrestling but about good sportsmanship.  These days more of this should be taught and it looks like not just to the kids but to parents to. You will win some and loss some but in the end they are still your child, and they look up to you.

The security we had at the tournament was part of the high school security team.  He said that the biggest issues he had all day were with parent's treatment of their kids after a match.  This is a concern across the State.  Thanks for informing our security and we appreciate the kind words about our tournament. 

Having an officer present at any event is usually just a deterrent.  I was at a different tournament over the weekend and watched a mom holding a baby come onto the mat to yell at a teenage official.  I pointed her out to who appeared to be the head official in that gym and he glanced over and moved on to whatever he was doing.  An officer there would've been great.  I think the attendance was a bit overwhelming.  And to the teenage official, he kept his composure and continued to do a good job. 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.