Team Indiana at AAU Middle School National Championships

macattack16

Congrats to the Indiana Team that wrestled in the AAU Middle School National Championships in Iowa this past weekend! The team won the bronze division championship!!!!  I believe we also had 10 All-Americans!

110 evan loe 6-2

115 joey mammolenti 7-1

120 blake king 6-2

125 evan smiley 7-1

130 gabe estes 6-2

135 alex rinehart 7-1

140 Austin Mccloskey 7-1

145 Jeff scott 6-2

152 mike chaffee 6-2

im missing one that i cant remember. This was  one of the best times we have had on a team! Thanks to all who made this trip possible, and all the wrestlers, coaches and familys showed alot of class. Way to make indiana proud boys, and congrats on a great weekend!!!

The missing All-American was 80# Kyle Barkovich! 

Great week-end and great group of young wrestlers!  I also would like to thank the King family for the countless hours they put in to pulling this event off and Coach Harper and Coach Donati for the great job they did in the corner!  For the siblings that stepped up and handled table duties for us and what the heck even our bus driver!

The only thing that marred the perfect wrestling week-end was the injury to Brock Morgan--what a tough kid!  It is not easy to suffer a break but to suffer it so far from home and then to have to ride the bus back---all done without complaints and with such grace beyond his young age!  The Penn crowd as I am sure the whole team is in your corner Brock wishing you a speedy recovery and  a quick return to the mat!

Congrats to all--with out a doubt on the planning block for next year!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.