Purdue vs Minnesota

#25 Purdue 9 - #5 Minnesota 30

157: Dustin Schlatter (UM) def. Colton Salazar (PU), MD 11-1 (0-4)

165: Cody Yohn (UM) def. Jason Martin (PU), MD 11-1 (0-8)

174: #8 Scott Glasser (UM) wins by forfeit (0-14)

184: Nick Corpe (PU) def. Kaleb Young (UM), D 3-2 (3-14)

197: #14 Sonny Yohn (UM) def. #10 Logan Brown (PU), D 5-3 (3-17)

285: Ben Berhow (UM) def. Adam Walls (PU), Fall 1:59 (3-23)

125: #6 Zachary Sanders (UM) def. Cashé Quiroga (PU), D 10-6 (3-26)

133: Akif Eren (PU) def. Thane Antczak (UM), TB 2-1 (6-26)

141: Juan Archuleta (PU) def. #4 Mike Thorn (UM), SV 5-3 (9-26)

149: #18 Mario Mason (UM) def. Nick Bertucci (PU), MD 16-4 (9-30)

Awesome to see Archuleta get a win over Thorn!!!  Good win for Eren as well....Antczak is tough!

I hope I can find the Cashe match on vid.... he is sure surpassing my expectations this season.

Cashe's match was on the Big 10 network last night, as was the rest of the dual meet.  Here's how the match went:

1st  Per: TD Sanders, Escape Cashe, TD Cashe with about 15 sec left in the period - 3-2 Cashe after 1

2nd Per: Escape cashe, hand fight for a bit, then Sanders with a low shot TD and traps Cashe's legs in kind of a turk and gets 3 NF. Cashe fights off his back but can't get an escape. 7-4 Sanders at the end of 2.

3rd Per: Escape Sanders to make it 8-4, Cashe turns up the heat and gets a TD to make it 8-6 and hurts Sanders trying to turn him. Sanders takes all of his injury time out and then Cashe cuts Sanders to make it 9-6. Cashe goes after him the get in a scramble and Cashe tries to fold his spine in half. Got a penalty point for that to make it 10-6.

Cashe looked good. Stopped trying to improve position for a split second in the period 2 and it cost him 3 backs. That was the match.