Stalling at the NCAA toury

combthehair

I know this is being talked about in other threads, but I decided to start a thread about it.  Did anyone else think that the stalling calls in the finals were called a lot slower than in the regular season?  I remember when I first started watching college wrestling, I was surprised at how quick stalling were called. I thought it was good that people were forced to wrestle. However, in the finals they allowed people to backpedal to the boundary without a stalling call.  I understand that the officials don't want to determine the match, especially when they get under the big lights.  But, it seems like it was allowed to go out of control this tournament. 

I think the officials should've been smarter and called the stalling earlier.  During a few of those matches it was obvious that some of the kids were stalling (like Howe's match, either nickerson or the other guy...at least call one for stalling).  If they call one of the guys for stalling it would've created more exciting wrestling.  I know most people are against the double stalling call, but I think they should've done that in the nickerson match.  What should've been a very exciting match turned out to be a very boring match.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.