COUPLE OF QUESTIONS ABOUT STATES

dfurgason

#1 Will there be a cooler charge?

#2 My son is being coached by my husband and I we have  our USA coaches membership will that be ok for a coaches arm band ? My son is only 9.

#3 Is there only 1 gym?

#4 Are there any special concession or activities where I am going to need a lot of cash to keep my kids entertained?

#5 Where will brackets be posted?

#6 Is there any info any seasoned coaches/parents etc can give some newbies to get us through??

Thanks!!!

1) There is no charge to bring a cooler

2) Per ISWA Rules: A Coaches Pass is required to be mat side to coach your wrestler.  Coaches floor passes will only be issued to those individuals who are a minimum USAW Copper Certified Coach.  All coaches must report to a designated site and produce their copper card and picture ID.  You will be given a wrist band at that time.  Times to pick up wrist bands are - Friday 6:00 to 9:00 pm, Saturday 7:00 to 9:00 am and 7:00 to 9:00 pm, and Sunday 7:00 to 9:00 am.  There is a Copper Clinic held at Ben Davis Friday Night from 6:30 to 9:00 pm.  There is a cost associated with copper card but I am not sure what it is.

3) Wrestling this year will be in only one Gym (fieldhouse) - should work better than last year because of splitting age groups.

4) Kids will always find a way to spend money - if you have any extra I will take some.  As far as I know it will have a normal concession stand and prices should be somewhat fair since it is a high school.

5) Brackets will be posted in a hallway - not sure if that has been decided yet. 

6) There were some changes made to this tournament from last year due to the fact that it did not run as smooth as we wanted it to.  With the use of one wrestling location and split age groups we plan on a great event.  Remember that the ISWA is made up of volunteers and it takes a lot of people to pull off a tourney of this size.  Clubs will be asked to provide people to work tables. 

I hope this helps.  Please let me know if you have any other questions.

Chris Lynch

ISWA Folkstyle Director

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.