Husky wrestlers roll over Cascade

January 9, 2009

Husky wrestlers roll over Cascade

By Ted Schultz

Ted.Schultz@TheNoblesvilleLedger.com

ARCADIA -- The Hamilton Heights wrestlers followed Wednesday night's big win at Westfield with a 46-18 triumph over Cascade Thursday.

"We didn't have the fire that we had (Wednesday)," Heights coach Rick Willoughby said. "After getting so pumped up for Westfield, we didn't have the same bounce in our step. Overall, I'm really pleased with where the team is at, but we're going to have to work on some things if we're going to win conference and sectional."

Jarrid Logan (125 pounds) and A.J. Miller (145) won by pin for the Huskies. Tyler Elmore (103) and Matt Miller (152) won by technical fall, and Colin Bullock (130), Brayden Alley (135), Brandon Wilkinson (215) and Jackson Kerfoot (285) won by decision. Zach Powell (112) and Wyatt Toller (160) won by forfeit.

"Brandon Wilkinson did really well," Willoughby said. "He's a first-year wrestler wrestling 215 for us, and he wrestled really well (Wednesday) night. He's put together two back-to-back good matches for us.

"I'd also say A.J. Miller wrestled well," he added. "I would have to say Sam Marshall (119) wrestled really well in losing his match. He put some good moves together. He just didn't have enough tonight, but he's showed a lot of improvement throughout the year."

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.