Evansville Harrison Ten-Way

boilergrappler

Random thoughts:

-  Reitz won all 4 duals with a combined total of 236 - 44.  The closest margin being Memorial 38-19

-  Trinity did not bring their top 3 wrestlers which was dissapointing (apparently, they went to the Beast of the East tournament).  I think everyone was looking forward to the 103 match-ups with Kuhn, Hall, and Fahy.  119 Johns and Bradbury.

-  Kuhn beat Hall 13-8 in a good match.  These guys will likely battle at least 4 more times this season. 

-  Memorial's big guys are still not in Wrestling shape and it showed - they will be tough however.

-  Union county is a fun team to watch - their fans, wrestlers, and coaches really get into it.  Isaac Ervin did not wrestle which will likely hurt them in duals against Memorial (round 6) and Reitz (round 10) later today.

-  It was difficult to watch all the action with 5 mats going but the wrestlers that stood out (IMO) were for Reitz:  103 Kuhn, 119 Johns, 125 Rueger, and 160 Ritter.  Memorial:  135 Dehaven and 171 Wedding.  Heritage Hills:  152 Weiss.  There were others but like I said it was tough to keep track.

-  Harrison did a nice job of keeping the tournament moving with just a 5 minutue break between each round.  Getting 4 rounds in on a weeknight is a challenge.

Random thoughts:

-  Reitz won all 4 duals with a combined total of 236 - 44.  The closest margin being Memorial 38-19

-  Trinity did not bring their top 3 wrestlers which was dissapointing (apparently, they went to the Beast of the East tournament).  I think everyone was looking forward to the 103 match-ups with Kuhn, Hall, and Fahy.  119 Johns and Bradbury.

-  Kuhn beat Hall 13-8 in a good match.  These guys will likely battle at least 4 more times this season. 

-  Memorial's big guys are still not in Wrestling shape and it showed - they will be tough however.

-  Union county is a fun team to watch - their fans, wrestlers, and coaches really get into it.  Isaac Ervin did not wrestle which will likely hurt them in duals against Memorial (round 6) and Reitz (round 10) later today.

-  It was difficult to watch all the action with 5 mats going but the wrestlers that stood out (IMO) were for Reitz:  103 Kuhn, 119 Johns, 125 Rueger, and 160 Ritter.  Memorial:  135 Dehaven and 171 Wedding.  Heritage Hills:  152 Weiss.  There were others but like I said it was tough to keep track.

-  Harrison did a nice job of keeping the tournament moving with just a 5 minutue break between each round.  Getting 4 rounds in on a weeknight is a challenge.

Thanks for the info!  I hate I had to miss Friday night but hope I can get to some of the Saturday matches!  This "Job" thing just gets in the way of whats REALLY important!  LOL

Adding to my random thoughts:

-  Reitz finished 9-0

-  Reitz weight class champions ->  103, 112, 119, 125, 140, 160

-  Outstanding wrestler ->  Reitz 119 Alex Johns - 6 pins - 2 techs - 1 FF

-  Union Co. -> Caleb Ervin 135 - very physical and technically sound! 

-  Union Co. -> Aaron Carr 130 - same as above!

-  Tell City legit at 189 & 215

-  Southridge looks good in the middle weights - 152  & 160 and appear to have a very good weightlifting program.

-  Again, Harrison did a great job of keeping the tournament on track even with the power failure.  Wrestling never stopped!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.