Portage Program Back On The Rise??

sparticus

Young portage program looking tough. I think maybe a few starting seniors on the team currently. Got good coaching staff as well that is fit for the portage system (portage boys). Wilkins and Joseph both from portage during the Pendoski/Tharp era. Team should be able to pull of some good matches or at least make a good impact in the state this year if not even a bigger impact next year. Only had a 5 pt. deficit to M'ville last night. Portage sort of lost their edge after Hayes took over. different style of wrestling hayes brought to portage. They seem to have brought back the Indian Tough spirit. Im excited for the team and ready to see some great portage wrestling once again!!! GO INDIANS!! GOOD LUCK AT TRAICOFF THIS WEEKEND...WRESTLE INDIAN TOUGH!!

Coach P has coached a lot of the kids in the portage program maybe not in high school but through the PWC. But i highly agree regionrat1. Coach P was an amazing coach!! and having a hard nosed strict tharp to back him up made an ever better coaching staff.

It is long hard road back to the top. The coaching staff are doing a great job. Coach Wright is a great clinician. There are alot of young, inexperienced wrestlers on the team, but they have big upside. It is to bad injuries have already taken a toll on the team. I think the team has taken great strides, they just have to work hard and keep fighting!

INDIAN TOUGH!!!!!

These kids are tough as nails and thanks to an even tougher coaching staff, I finally feel like our team can compete with some of the best.  I can see Coach Wilkins, Coach Joseph, and Coach Wright bringing Portage back to state dominance very soon!  I can't wait to watch Portage Wrestling in 5 years! ;D

-Sean McMurray

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.