Scratch Weight

CoachLane

Coaches,

I know this comes up every year, and I have gotten some conflicting info from different coaches.  Making scratch weight does not include the 2 pound growth allowance.  That is why it is called scratch weight.  It also has to be a qualifying weigh in according to the daily/weekly weight loss calculator to count.  I am sure most of you know this, but I just did not want a wrestler/team be penalize for not interpreting the rule incorrectly.  Also, reminder that weigh ins have to be recorded by your AD/Trainer in the ihsaa.net weight management site.  It will automatically determine if the entry is a qualifying weigh in or not.  Honestly, I was not aware of this until we got the reminder email from Mr. Faulkins over break.  

Yes the scratch weight cannot include the two pound allowance. I also was not aware that the weigh ins had to be input into the weight management program until those emails. I was told this info was included in the online rules interpretation meetings but did not remember that being covered at all. Which doesn't mean it wasn't. I have a feeling that very few coaches are aware of the change from the paper individual weigh in sheets for the wrestlers and this new way of doing it.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.