Wrestlebacks and the road to State.......

SlickRodz

I have seen some threads about Wrestle backs and to be honest don't know how they would work. I am curious if posters think the current format get the best results. I for one think that wrestle backs would change some of the top 8, but probably won't affect the finals match as the cream would still come to the top.

My son finished 2nd in his sectional (lost to Garrett Goldman, 189lb state champion)

Finished 2nd at Regional?s to Garrett (see above)

Finished 5th at the Evansville SS (lost to Stevenson, 189lb State runner up and SS champ)

Evansville at 189 had Goldman, Stevenson, Boots (finished 4th) and Sandwith (lost Friday night)

So wrestle backs in his case really would not have changed anything (I assume)

His record on the season was 34-9 with 6 of the 9 losses coming to top 4 in the state. He had wins over 4 of the state 189 pound qualifiers.

Question is even with wrestle backs his situation would not have changed. But an argument can be made that we do not put the best 16 wrestlers at state. Would wrestle backs have much of an outcome on getting the top 16 wresters to state? With wrestle backs, do you feel it would have much effect on the top 4 in each class?

FYI, I am very proud and have no complaints about my son's senior year. It just made me think about how we could improve the state tourney. Again in his case it would not have mattered. But I am sure in some cases we have very good wrestlers that did not make it that should of!

Example Weekly beat Ben Farmer in the go-to round. Ben would have really benefitted from wrestle backs.

Regional?s could have wrestle backs for L's in R1 wrestle to face L's in R2 (cross bracketed) to decide ? place.

No 5th place matches

Alternate is last L to Champion or Runner up that didn't place.

Add 56 matches (2 hrs) to regionals.

Semi State could have wrestle backs R1 L out , R2 L?s wrestle to face R3 L?s (cross bracketed) to decide ? place.

No 5th place matches

Alternate is last L to Champion or Runner up that didn't place.

Add 56 matches (2 hrs) to Semi State.

What time did 285# finish at your Regional?s?

What time did 285# finish at your Semi State?

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.