2010 coaches clinic fall

bburgcatman

I.H.S.W.C.A.

INDIANA HIGH SCHOOL WRESTLING COACHES ASSOCIATION

To: All IHSAA Head Coaches & members of the IHSWCA

Re: IHSWCA Information

Date: September 4, 2010

Welcome to the 2010-11 wrestling season. Enclosed you will find several pieces of important IHSWCA information.

Please find enclosed:

1 ? IHSWCA Membership (Only) Form ? you do not have to fill this one out, if you use the clinic registration form ? but please include a registration form for each coach.

2 ? Fall Clinic Registration

3 ? IHSWCA Fall Clinic Information page

4 ? IHSWCA Important Date Sheet

All other IHSWCA Forms can be located on the website (www.indianawrestler.com)

In trying to provide the best clinic possible we were able to secure a great clinician.  I?m sure all will agree that Name of our clinician will provide an excellent presentation.

We will once again offer the IHSAA Rules Interpretation Meeting at the clinic.  It is scheduled for Thursday evening, so even if you cannot attend the clinic, you can make the rules meeting and then attend the coaches social afterwards.

This year is an election year.  Coach Cale Hoover ? Center Grove HS is completing his tenure as IHSWCA President and Vice President Trent McCormick - Yorktown HS will be taking over for the 2011 & 2012 school years.  J.D. Minch ? formerly of North Montgomery HS retired after 33 years of teaching and coaching, but is fulfilling his tenure as Secretary/Treasurer for this year. Please note the email and address change of where I?m located now. Nominations will be taken, at the fall clinic business meeting, for the offices of Vice President and Secretary/Treasurer.  Please give this some thought and come ready to nominate persons for these two positions.

Next spring, the IHSWCA will be in rotation to present proposals to the IHSAA for changes to our sport.  Once again come prepared to discuss issues that the IHSWCA needs to address with the IHSAA.  This area will be part of the business meeting agenda and more than likely a hot topic at the clinic social.

While IHSWCA cannot offer you the USA/ISWA coaches card in our clinic package, the ISWA will be contacting all previous coaches with information that will help you in the process of attaining your card.

I?m sure you have heard by now that the IHSAA has a new Head Commissioner ? Bobby Cox. Bobby is replacing Blake Ress who will retire in February 2011. Bobby has been the Asst. Commissioner in charge of wrestling since he came on board with the IHSAA. We are expecting Bobby to still be in charge of wrestling this season.

I hope to see all of you at the fall clinic.  While there are many clinics being offered this fall in several areas of the state, the IHSWCA is the only clinic exclusively for coaches.  You receive two wrestling organization memberships ? IHSWCA & NWCA, clinic gear, lunch, and a social all for a very reasonable cost.

Respectfully submitted,

J.D. Minch ? IHSWCA Secretary/Treasurer  since 1990

New addresses: email ? jsaminch123@sbcglobal.net

202 S. Vine St.   

Crawfordsville, IN. 47933

I.H.S.W.C.A.

INDIANA HIGH SCHOOL WRESTLING COACHES ASSOCIATION

STATE CLINIC

WARREN CENTRAL  HIGH SCHOOL

Enter Door 25 (west side of building) ? Park in Lot directly across from Door 25

THUR/FRI - OCTOBER 14/15, 2010

FEATURING :

LES GUTCHES ? USA OLYMPIAN

IHSWCA CLINIC - SPONSORED BY -

Jim?s Wrestling Supplies, Pro Power, & E.I. Sports Apparel

Background:

LES GUTCHES ? OLYMPIAN

ACCOMPLISHMENTS:

As an athlete, Gutches grew up within the USA Wrestling system, competing on the local, state and national level for many years in Oregon. In fact, he was the first athlete to win USA Wrestling national titles in all five existing age group levels at the time - Cadet, Junior, Espoir, University and Senior. He competed in the World Championships on four age-group levels, as well. He won a Cadet World silver medal in 1989 and an Espoir World bronze medal in 1993. Gutches won three state high school titles at South Medford High School

Gutches had a remarkable career at Oregon State Univ., winning NCAA titles in 1995 and 1996, and placing fifth in the 1994 NCAA Championships. He received the Dan Hodge Trophy as the nation's top college wrestler in 1996.

He became one of the best U.S. freestyle athletes of his era. His top achievement was winning the gold medal at the 1997 World Freestyle Wrestling Championships in Krasnoyarsk, Russia at 85 kg/187.25 pounds. He added a World bronze medal in 1999.

After his senior year in college, Gutches won both the U.S. Nationals and Olympic Team Trials to make the 1996 U.S. Olympic Team. He placed seventh in the 1996 Olympics in Atlanta, Ga.

Hotel accommodations:

LaQuinta Inn

2349 N. Post Rd.

Indianapolis, IN. 46219

317-897-2300

Book rooms by Oct.1st for  $45.00

Special Features:

IHSWCA Clinic Package

*** T-shirts  & Lanyards

*** Pens/Pencils/Paper & THE EVER POPULAR  50/50

CLINIC INFORMATION:

Price - $120.00 individual

110.00 per coach  for staff of 2 to 5

$95.00 per coach over 5   

Ex. 6 coaches = $570.00 / 7 = $665.00

** Cost includes: Clinic & materials

2010-11 IHSWCA Membership - $25.00 value

2010-11 NWCA Membership - $ 30.00 value

CLINIC SCHEDULE

** Thursday  - Oct. 14, 2010 **

8:00 ? 9:00    Registration ? Warren Cen. HS

Enter Door 25 ? Park in lot across from door 25

9:00 - 11:00  Session 1 - Technique                                    Clinician ? Les Gutches

11:00 -12:30  Lunch provided by IHSWCA &

BusinessMeeting  @ Warren Cen. HS.

12:30 ? 1:00 Guest speakers ? Purdue, NWCA & NFHS

1:00 ? 3:00    Session 2 ? Technique & Drills                            I.U. & Purdue Coaches ? 1 hr. each

3:00 ? 4:30 Les Gutches ? USA Wrestling

4:30 ? 5:30 Break - Hotel check-in or dinner on your own

5:30 ? 6:15 Coaches Round table session 1

R.I.O.T. / NWCA Electronic Scorebook

6:15 ? 7:00 Coaches Round table session 2

Wrestling specific wt. training ? Scott Vlink Program development ? Trent McCormick

7:00 ? 8:30 IHSAA Rules Interpretation

Warren Central HS

9:00 ? 11:00 IHSWCA Social ? TBA - sponsored by

Pro Power Fitness& Strength  Equipment

** Friday - Oct. 15, 2010 **

9:00 - 9:30  Registration

9:30 ? 10:00 Hygiene/Skin presentation -

10:00 ? 11:30 Session 3 ? Les Gutches

11:30 ? 12:00 Clinic Raffle and adjourn

Once again there will be vendors at the clinic with many cash and carry specials and door prizes.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.