Anyone from Evansville Reitz going to update?

BlueBolt

Well Mr. S,

We started the Hill  Classic off right this year.  We did not have some of the upper boys due to winning football state but they will be in action on Saturday.  They will not be in the best of shape but there will be some good matches in those upper weights tomorrow.  Reitz and Jasper were 3-0 today and meet in the next to last round.  Charlestown has some good kids and will make for some interesting matchups.  Keep us posted on the Castle Invite as well.

Reitz started off with Heritage Hills. Epic battle between Weiss (5th at state I think) and Schnarr ( a freshman) Weiss got the pin but the freshman was very impressive at 171. should see good things from him this year. Reuger at 135 keeps reeling off wins following his state qualifier last year. Moody got the buy and footballers look good but are gasing in the 3rd. Reitz 44-21 with HH getting 3 pins late in matches.

Round 2 Reitz 61 THN 9. One loss was at 189 was JV filling in for a footballer, other loss was a footballer. 103 thru 140 looked very good with pins. 215 kemp is still In football shape and showed in his match as he was gasing bad In the 3rd. Freshman Schnarr didn't disapoint with a solid win. Derrick Dowdy is another name you may not know but will by mid-season.

Reitz 69 Charlestown 3. and it was like the score indicates. Match of the day was Moody and Stotridge. This Reitz team is solid from top to bottom. Only flaw is footballers not in shape or in their weight classes. Another week or two should let Ferguson whip them into shape. I'm sticking with my pick of them as SIAC champs. 7-0 is a good way to begin the season.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.