Brownsburg/Mater Dei go for Grappler Gold - Dec 15

SWINfan

More finals results.....

@120 Blake Boarman on a tear at the moment.  Up 19-7 after the first period.  Not sure I recall seeing that many points scored in the first period. Boarman cruises to the Championship with a 24-9 TF win over Ashton Anderson of Clarkston MI.
@120 BB's Braden Haines loses a major dec. 13-4 to Steven Garty Davison MI and finishes in 6th Place.

@126 MD's Kane Egli drops a 4-1 dec. to Cole Weigers Clarkston MI and finishes in 6th Place
@126 BB's Evan Lawhead pulls out a nice 4-3 dec. over Michael Hazelton Lanse Creuse MI for 7th Place.

Edited by SWINfan

7 minutes ago, chambers said:

i contacted trackwrestling about mat 8. they passed the message on to the person who should be able to fix it.

I couldn't figure out how to contact them so I just tweeted mean things at their Twitter account!

More on the finals.... 

@132 BB's Drake Campbell loses by fall to Kaleob Whitford , St; John's MI and finishes as the runner up in 2nd Place. Whitford finished 3rd at State last year.
@132 MD's Clay Egli gave up a late TD and a TD in SV to drop a 7-5 dec. to Tyler Swiderski Dundee MI.  Swiderski was a State Finalist last year. 

@138 MD's Blaine Mayer wins by fall over Ethan Polick, Clarkston MI to take 7th Place.  Mayer eliminated BB's Nick Ciccarelli in the previous round.

@145 MD's Matt Lee utilizes a takedown clinic to take home the Title with a 21-6 TF win over Conor Donahue, Clarkston MI.  
@145 BB's Griffin Ison finishes in 6th Place after Inj Def

Edited by SWINfan

2 minutes ago, chambers said:

They just replied and said that the event is not being streamed live. It will just be archived latter. I told them that I have been watching all day live. No reply to that one yet.

They're probably dumb nough to not know they've been allowing it to be viewed all day for free.  If I paid for the archived video and all of the finals were frozen and unwatchable, I'd be pissed!

13 minutes ago, SWINfan said:

They're probably dumb nough to not know they've been allowing it to be viewed all day for free.  If I paid for the archived video and all of the finals were frozen and unwatchable, I'd be pissed!

Can’t call people dumb when you can’t spell enough correctly. 😉 lol 

@152 MD's Eli Dickens drops a 6-4 dec. to #2 seed and State Runner Up Caleb Fish, Eaton Rapids, MI to finish in 4th Place. 
@152 BB's Jacob Cookerly DNP

@160 BB's Peyton Asbury drops a 3-1 dec. to Dane Donabedian, Brighton MI to finish in 4th Place
@160 MD's Gabe Sollars falls 5-3 SV1 to Omari Embree, Warren Woods Tower, MI to finish in 6th Place

@170 MD's Macartney Parkinson with a solid 3-0 win over D1 #2 ranked and State 3rd Placer Jay Nivison to take 3rd Place.
@170 BB's Thierry Jean-Baptiste takes 5th Place with a 6-4 dec. over Harley Berne, Brighton MI.

@182 BB's Greg Glover comes up short dropping a 4-2 dec. to Chandler Murton, DeWitt MI to finish in 4th Place.
@182 MD's Jacob Pierson got a late TD and 3 back points to tie the match at 7, but Danny Parrish, Eaton Rapids MI, sqeeezed out of trouble and landed a reverse with about :15 left to secure a 9-7 win.  Pierson finishes in 6th Place for the Wildcats.

@195 MD's John McGrew and BB's Cody Edmonds square off for 5th Place.  They faced each other in the quarterfinals with Edmonds coming away with a 3-2 win.  McGrew takes it this time 4-2 in another tight match.  McGrew finished 5th and Edmonds 6th.  

Mater Dei finished with 177.5 points and holds a 17.5 point lead over Mason OH.  Brownsburg is in 3rd with 149.5 points still with two wrestlers left.

Edited by SWINfan

@220 BB's Lawson Aiken with Championship comeback over Jacob Jones, Clarkston MI.  Down most of the match, Aiken closed to within one at 9-8 and got the TD and a fall with approx :30 left.  Nice win for Aiken.  
@220 MD's Joe Crown DNP

@285 BB's Dorian Keys with the win by fall over Colby Ford, Brighton MI.  Keys finished in 3rd Place for the Bulldogs.
@285 MD's Matthew Woodruff DNP

Final Team Scores
Mater Dei      179.5 (guess TW was slow updating earlier)
Mason, OH    160.0
Brownsburg    159.5
Davison MI     146.5

It was a great day for Indiana schools against some top talent from Michigan and Ohio.  Brownsburg did not have Kysen Montgomery or Drew Kreitzer today which held them back some.  We would have no doubt had a 1-2 finish.  

For those asking how certain guys did, scroll back through the thread.  The info on every MD and BB wrestler is right here.

17 minutes ago, SWINfan said:

Final Team Scores
Mater Dei      179.5 (guess TW was slow updating earlier)
Mason, OH    160.0
Brownsburg    159.5
Davison MI     146.5

It was a great day for Indiana schools against some top talent from Michigan and Ohio.  Brownsburg did not have Kysen Montgomery or Drew Kreitzer today which held them back some.  We would have no doubt had a 1-2 finish.  

For those asking how certain guys did, scroll back through the thread.  The info on every MD and BB wrestler is right here.

Thanks, I found them. 

On ‎12‎/‎15‎/‎2018 at 5:59 PM, IU89 said:

If they have an OW, it should be Matt Lee. He was untouchable today!  Great job Matt!

I can tell you this after being there and watching Matt Lee, he was in a class all to himself for sure !!!   Great performance, kid and family

11 hours ago, JMILL said:

I can tell you this after being there and watching Matt Lee, he was in a class all to himself for sure !!!   Great performance, kid and family

Looks like he finally took that next step. Heckuva name to live up to, but he’s doing just fine.

Video of all the Finals at this link, including Blake Boarman and Matt Lee from MD and Lawson Aiken and Drake Campbell from BB.  They are not in order.  Scroll to the bottom for the videos.

Also, contrary to the opinions of some on here, Matt Lee did not win OW Wrestler.  The awards were:
Lower-weight MOW: 106 Casey Swiderski (Dundee)
Upper-weight MOW: 160 Alex Facundo (Davison)
Most Falls in Least Time: Alex Facundo (Davison)

Grappler Gold Results and Finals Video

Edited by SWINfan
add link

7 hours ago, SWINfan said:

Video of all the Finals at this link, including Blake Boarman and Matt Lee from MD and Lawson Aiken and Drake Campbell from BB.  They are not in order.  Scroll to the bottom for the videos.

Also, contrary to the opinions of some on here, Matt Lee did not win OW Wrestler.  The awards were:
Lower-weight MOW: 106 Casey Swiderski (Dundee)
Upper-weight MOW: 160 Alex Facundo (Davison)
Most Falls in Least Time: Alex Facundo (Davison)

Grappler Gold Results and Finals Video

You da man !!!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.