PAC Duals

Takeyoudown

Heritage Hills takes down Southridge 36-29 for championship round. I won’t lie, I walked into these duals with GS as my team to beat to win, not HH. HH definitely a team to not underestimate. Noticeable difference in HH wrestling program. Much stronger, more disciplined team. Was shocked at the numbers they have this year, was told 21 wrestlers total for their program now. Wouldn’t say any standout new talent but definitely new mindset for that program and it showed. Actually spoke with a few HH parents a bit, very impressed with their opinion of Coach Zollman. I was curious how long it would take to see changes in the program under a new coach but this was almost instant. Zollman has clearly put in the time and effort to build his own empire. Seems like he is bringing his CE wrestling background and instilling it down here in southern Indiana. Truthfully, impressed with how quick the dynamic and overall persona of the team has changed. Faces I’ve seen before to always watch out for: Rodgers, Scott, Ayer, Heeke, Rae. But don’t underestimate the newcomers, kids stepping up with great coaching can make the rest go a long way. Simple things like fighting against a pin to not give up extra points is a new toughness fight mentality I’ve never seen come from this program in 5+ years. Extremely well coached, extremely well disciplined. North Posey, Gibson Southern, Tell City, Heritage Hills, Southridge all are making this into a good wrestling conference. Was awesome watching 5 GOOD conference teams battling it out. Can’t wait to face HH & GS again in January for another showdown.

2 hours ago, Takeyoudown said:

Heritage Hills takes down Southridge 36-29 for championship round. I won’t lie, I walked into these duals with GS as my team to beat to win, not HH. HH definitely a team to not underestimate. Noticeable difference in HH wrestling program. Much stronger, more disciplined team. Was shocked at the numbers they have this year, was told 21 wrestlers total for their program now. Wouldn’t say any standout new talent but definitely new mindset for that program and it showed. Actually spoke with a few HH parents a bit, very impressed with their opinion of Coach Zollman. I was curious how long it would take to see changes in the program under a new coach but this was almost instant. Zollman has clearly put in the time and effort to build his own empire. Seems like he is bringing his CE wrestling background and instilling it down here in southern Indiana. Truthfully, impressed with how quick the dynamic and overall persona of the team has changed. Faces I’ve seen before to always watch out for: Rodgers, Scott, Ayer, Heeke, Rae. But don’t underestimate the newcomers, kids stepping up with great coaching can make the rest go a long way. Simple things like fighting against a pin to not give up extra points is a new toughness fight mentality I’ve never seen come from this program in 5+ years. Extremely well coached, extremely well disciplined. North Posey, Gibson Southern, Tell City, Heritage Hills, Southridge all are making this into a good wrestling conference. Was awesome watching 5 GOOD conference teams battling it out. Can’t wait to face HH & GS again in January for another showdown.

Impressive win for Southridge!  North Posey is pretty salty, and the raiders nearly doubled them up.  This is a good year for PAC teams to take a chunk of meat from the SIAC

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.