AWL Pro League 11/30 - Will people pay to watch?

doctorWrestling

The American Wrestling League will have their first event tomorrow evening on trackwrestling.  It is $15 to watch the event if you don't have a gold membership I believe ( correct me if I am wrong please ).  As much as I would love to see a pro league of some sort in the US, I am concerned people won't pay to watch it and it will die like the others.  I will do it just to try to support the cause but I really wish it were on flowrestling with the subscription instead.  I think I heard 4-6 events a year which will add up at $15 each.  I am not sure what the gold membership costs on trackwrestling so maybe that would make it worth purchasing the gold level.  With all the stupid "sports" that make it on TV now ( I can watch spikeball on demand ), I would have hoped that a TV contract could have been made to pay the athletes.

I think it if were free on TV, a lot of people would watch or save it to watch later.  I hope enough people will pay to watch a few events and then it finds its way to TV or even just on demand.  I think there is an audience who want to see it, just not sure if pay per view will be viable for the long run.

15 minutes ago, doctorWrestling said:

I think it if were free on TV, a lot of people would watch or save it to watch later.  I hope enough people will pay to watch a few events and then it finds its way to TV or even just on demand.  I think there is an audience who want to see it, just not sure if pay per view will be viable for the long run.

Events on TV aren't free though...you have to pay for TV subscriptions past the "country 5." That is something people fail to comprehend when something is on ESPN or Big 10 network or whatever. 

10 hours ago, Y2CJ41 said:

Events on TV aren't free though...you have to pay for TV subscriptions past the "country 5." That is something people fail to comprehend when something is on ESPN or Big 10 network or whatever. 

And with cable losing subscribers streaming sites are becoming mor common..espn plus just paid bookoo money to stream UFC cards through that specific platform and test the waters in that Avenue..  like DAZN also are getting major sporting events like Canelo Alvarez cards and Bellator big tent events...Espn/ Disney lost over 3 million viewers iirc last year

I have no problem paying to watch wrestling, I love having a flo pro account. The problem with tracks versions is pay per event. That $15 for one event gets me 30 events for flo in a month. And track doesn’t have enough extra content for me to want to be a gold member. Plus their streaming isn’t that great 

18 minutes ago, Thor said:

I have no problem paying to watch wrestling, I love having a flo pro account. The problem with tracks versions is pay per event. That $15 for one event gets me 30 events for flo in a month. And track doesn’t have enough extra content for me to want to be a gold member. Plus their streaming isn’t that great 

Wish there was flo streaming with Tracks interface and search features hybrid lol

14 hours ago, doctorWrestling said:

The American Wrestling League will have their first event tomorrow evening on trackwrestling.  It is $15 to watch the event if you don't have a gold membership I believe ( correct me if I am wrong please ).  As much as I would love to see a pro league of some sort in the US, I am concerned people won't pay to watch it and it will die like the others.  I will do it just to try to support the cause but I really wish it were on flowrestling with the subscription instead.  I think I heard 4-6 events a year which will add up at $15 each.  I am not sure what the gold membership costs on trackwrestling so maybe that would make it worth purchasing the gold level.  With all the stupid "sports" that make it on TV now ( I can watch spikeball on demand ), I would have hoped that a TV contract could have been made to pay the athletes.

There is no season pass. Gold memberships are entirely different from streaming.

11 hours ago, Thor said:

This is how I feel also.  Before I even realized AWL was on Friday night, I had already planned on having friends over to watch CKLV finals on Flo on Saturday afternoon which is already paid for with the subscription.  I want to support AWL and hope it grows to get off trackwrestling in the future, but at the same time I have a lot of great wrestling available with the subscription on Flo already and its $15 for 1 event on trackwrestling.

I know Flo has sort of tried a pro wrestling league and it didn't work out for them.  It seems like there has to be someone willing to put it on TV and sell commercials to pay the athletes or this isn't to be sustainable but I am still really pulling for it to work somehow.

Edited by doctorWrestling
correction

I have used both Flo and Track as an event organizer for streaming of video. The quality of the stream is mostly dependent upon the equipment and internet connection. 

With Track the event organizer is paid for each subscription that is purchased. With Flo they give you a flat sum for the event. I agree that I would love to have a subscription plan for Track, but with the way they are organized with more of a focus on the event organizer it would be hard for them to do that. 

If you go to any event live you have to pay to get in not to mention gas and other expenses.  Seems similar to the trackwrestling model to me. Just saying i see both sides of the story. I personally dont care for how flo has handled some customer service situations at times.  Regardless, it's great having options and both available!  Not that long ago it was travel or nothing. 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.