Not eating

jason

32 minutes ago, UncleJimmy said:

High scotch single (really high, like 3 fingers high) is what I shall be consuming by the fire with AuntJanie tonite watching Bad Santa......High crotch single is what they meant...I think.

I love it when @Mattybgets all worked up about "cryptic-ness" and who posters are...or are not!

Good luck to everybody this year and good health..staying on topic, eating helps with that good health IMO.

First, nameless coaches are cheating the weight system now kids not eating. Then sharing that with all of us idiots! 

We demand to to know.... what is happening!!!! Lol

btw... common sense says... eat and don’t get too skinny. Words I live by. 

And we all know this is Jason Miller. 

Edited by Mattyb

27 minutes ago, Mattyb said:

First, nameless coaches are cheating the weight system now kids not eating. Then sharing that with all of us idiots! 

Sounds like a job for <Pound Sign>HendricksCountySmellsFunnyTMZ....get @TeamGarcia on it..stat!!!! Speaking of anonymous posters whatever happened to that guy?

To stay on topic ...EAT...drink..be merry! Tis the season, afterall.

Edited by UncleJimmy

37 minutes ago, Mattyb said:

nice try buddy, not me.  I have no clue who this guy is, but thanks for putting me in the middle of this crap storm of a subject.  next time you wanna ask if its me how about just sending me a text and asking instead of making everyone think this is me. 

2 minutes ago, JMILL said:

nice try buddy, not me.  I have no clue who this guy is, but thanks for putting me in the middle of this crap storm of a subject.  next time you wanna ask if its me how about just sending me a text and asking instead of making everyone think this is me. 

Calm down @JMILL...he means @Mattyb is Jason Miller..not that you're Jason. Geez.....

I sense hostilities in <Pound Sign>HendricksCountySmellsFunny..where's the love, man?

To stay on topic...JMILL eats way more than MattyB.

Your weight cut should be calculated and you should always be within approx. 5% of competition weight with one/two hour before weigh ins. College programs are now making their kids eat and drink throughout the day and working out more prior to weigh ins. Eliminating meals and all fluid should not be a part of your weight cut regiment. It's about what and when you eat/drink and how often you are working out. You will feel a lot better off the scale and throughout the day with food (energy!) in your system. Unfortunately most people think that this is impossible when in reality they don't stay disciplined and crash-cut.

Edited by JDGreathouse

24 minutes ago, JDGreathouse said:

Your weight cut should be calculated and you should always be within approx. 5% of competition weight with one/two hour before weigh ins. College programs are now making their kids eat and drink throughout the day and working out more prior to weigh ins. Eliminating meals and all fluid should not be a part of your weight cut regiment. It's about what and when you eat/drink and how often you are working out. You will feel a lot better off the scale and throughout the day with food (energy!) in your system. Unfortunately most people think that this is impossible when in reality they don't stay disciplined and crash-cut.

Completely agree but high schools do not have the resources universities possess with exclusive workout facilities, dieticians, multiple athletic trainers that are highly skilled, and etc. From high school to college it really is apples to oranges. However, your premise is spot on, fasting to cut weight for unreasonable amounts of time (2 or 3 days) is not wise and is often a result of lack of discipline or poor diet.

Edited by SunDevils

59 minutes ago, SunDevils said:

Completely agree but high schools do not have the resources universities possess with exclusive workout facilities, dieticians, multiple athletic trainers that are highly skilled, and etc. From high school to college it really is apples to oranges. However, your premise is spot on, fasting to cut weight for unreasonable amounts of time (2 or 3 days) is not wise and is often a result of lack of discipline or poor diet.

You don't need resources such as exclusive workout facilities, dieticians, or multiple athletic trainers to properly cut weight. They certainly help and it makes things much more accesible and easier to do though. If you do it correctly it should be considered watching your weight. I was a multiple time state placer and wrestled at Indiana University. When transitioning I did not change many of my habits other than working out right before weighing in. Most elite high schools implement this, and unfortunately I was not a part of an elite high school program.

At the end of the day your diet and the frequency in which you work out go hand-in-hand when you are properly cutting weight. People think that working out more will fatigue you, but if you are doing it properly, it does not fatigue you. I also found that when crash-cutting I would cramp a lot easier, my muscles were tight from dehydration, and in general I was just sore from malnutrition. I also felt better when I was working out multiple times a day and still eating the day of weigh ins. For example, after practice I would go to another practice, or simply just go to a gym and run/sauna. I did this on Sunday's, Monday's, Wednesday's, and Thursday's.

Also based on my experiences with cutting weight in high school, I suggest anyone cutting more than 10 pounds moves up a weight. When you begin focusing on how much weight you need to lose in a practice rather than what you need to do to get better, it effects your growth and development. You also see kids burn out faster as well.

Edited by JDGreathouse

2 hours ago, JDGreathouse said:

You don't need resources such as exclusive workout facilities, dieticians, or multiple athletic trainers to properly cut weight. They certainly help and it makes things much more accesible and easier to do though. If you do it correctly it should be considered watching your weight. I was a multiple time state placer and wrestled at Indiana University. When transitioning I did not change many of my habits other than working out right before weighing in. Most elite high schools implement this, and unfortunately I was not a part of an elite high school program.

At the end of the day your diet and the frequency in which you work out go hand-in-hand when you are properly cutting weight. People think that working out more will fatigue you, but if you are doing it properly, it does not fatigue you. I also found that when crash-cutting I would cramp a lot easier, my muscles were tight from dehydration, and in general I was just sore from malnutrition. I also felt better when I was working out multiple times a day and still eating the day of weigh ins. For example, after practice I would go to another practice, or simply just go to a gym and run/sauna. I did this on Sunday's, Monday's, Wednesday's, and Thursday's.

Also based on my experiences with cutting weight in high school, I suggest anyone cutting more than 10 pounds moves up a weight. When you begin focusing on how much weight you need to lose in a practice rather than what you need to do to get better, it effects your growth and development. You also see kids burn out faster as well.

Well said! 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.