2018 Al Smith

brickfor6

This tournament is going to be awesome! If I have this right, there will be over 80 ranked wrestlers. Including 9 wrestlers that were in the State championship match, and 4 that won that match.11 of the 20 ranked schools will be in attendance. 

1. Belmont
  2. Bloomington South (#17)
  3. Calumet
  4. Center Grove
  5. Chesterton (#9)
  6. Columbus East (#6)
  7. Crown Point (#11)
  8. Elkhart Central
  9. Elkhart Memorial
  10. FW Carrol (#19)
  11. Garrett
  12. Goshen
  13. Hobart
  14. Indianapolis Cathedral (#1)
  15. Jimtown 
  16. Lake Central
  17. LaPorte
  18. Lawrence Central
  19. Lowell
  20. Merrillville (#15)
  21. Mishawaka (#14)
  22. Northridge
  23. Northwood
  24. Penn (#16)
  25. Perry Meridian (#2)
  26. Peru
  27. Prarie Heights
  28. SB Adams
  29. SB Riley
  30. Warsaw
  31. Wawasee
  32. Zionsville (#20)

Ranked Wrestlers at each weight.

Cottey

Roberson

Watson

Sturgill

Ruble

Seltzer

Petro

Nelson

Littell

Bettich

Tolin

Alexander

Cruz

Watts

Mendez

Walendzak

Wagner

Lawson

Rust

Sparrow

Bailey

Moreno

Gimson

Brooks

Smith

Rooks

Gimson

Buchanan

Alexander

Weeks

Wilson

Hill

Mosconi

Warren

Maldonado

Rasler

Buchanan

Burford

Law

Leavell

Rodgers

Fair

Schoenegge

Ellis

Hicks

Turley

Ruble

Presson

Slivka

Adkins

Ruhlman

Verbeek

Graber

South

Blubaugh

Walker

Lone

Davis

Fielden

LaPlace

Bates

Wagner

Brown

Castro

Friedt

Potosky

Walton

Hurley

Sandefer

Lane

Bailey

Fowler

Bolte

Berta

Pokorney 

Artia

Anderson

Gregory

Devault

Muncie

Jones

5 minutes ago, Caleb Spires said:

Wow, don’t want to miss this tournament. Perry and Crown Point make it loaded enough, throw in Northridge and Wawasee with many quality wrestlers, and this might be the toughest Al Smith line up I’ve seen so far.

170 has 4 of the top 6 ranked hors currently and 6 total in top 12...#1,#2,#5,#6,#10 and #12... wow

10 hours ago, brickfor6 said:

This tournament is going to be awesome! If I have this right, there will be over 80 ranked wrestlers. Including 9 wrestlers that were in the State championship match, and 4 that won that match.11 of the 20 ranked schools will be in attendance. 

1. Belmont
  2. Bloomington South (#17)
  3. Calumet
  4. Center Grove
  5. Chesterton (#9)
  6. Columbus East (#6)
  7. Crown Point (#11)
  8. Elkhart Central
  9. Elkhart Memorial
  10. FW Carrol (#19)
  11. Garrett
  12. Goshen
  13. Hobart
  14. Indianapolis Cathedral (#1)
  15. Jimtown 
  16. Lake Central
  17. LaPorte
  18. Lawrence Central
  19. Lowell
  20. Merrillville (#15)
  21. Mishawaka (#14)
  22. Northridge
  23. Northwood
  24. Penn (#16)
  25. Perry Meridian (#2)
  26. Peru
  27. Prarie Heights
  28. SB Adams
  29. SB Riley
  30. Warsaw
  31. Wawasee
  32. Zionsville (#20)

Wawasee is ranked #12 also...Wouldn't be surprised to see Center Grove, Northridge, maybe another enter the rankings as well.

Edited by nkraus

27 minutes ago, brickfor6 said:

Yep missed them...my bad! Idk if this tournament has ever been this tough honestly. (Don’t get me wrong) this tournament has always been tough but With portage leaving and cathedral coming in last year it put a twist on things, but this tournament now is insane.

Agreed 100% and I love it!

Also-

Coaches, we have added in a "coaches vote" for the case of seeding freshmen since there was much discussion on the topic last year. We as coaches have recognized that we will have some very talented freshmen in the field this year without IHSAA accolades that should be seeded higher than the basic criteria would allow them without those accolades. Hoping for a smooth seeding meeting and a second 4th of July here in Mishawaka come December! Enjoy the show 😎

1 hour ago, Steven Sandefer said:

Also-

Coaches, we have added in a "coaches vote" for the case of seeding freshmen since there was much discussion on the topic last year. We as coaches have recognized that we will have some very talented freshmen in the field this year without IHSAA accolades that should be seeded higher than the basic criteria would allow them without those accolades. Hoping for a smooth seeding meeting and a second 4th of July here in Mishawaka come December! Enjoy the show 😎

I like that coaches vote idea!

5 hours ago, brickfor6 said:

it is on track, last year it was live streamed on youtube, but I am not sure if they are doing that again....?

That youtube stream was awesome.. the hunter watts comeback in the finals vs Triana was 1 the best things I've ever witnessed in wrestling.. unreal..if you haven't seen this their match starts at 4 hours and 57 minutes into video.

https://youtu.be/o8d5eT_mids

Edited by FCFIGHTER170

8 hours ago, FCFIGHTER170 said:

That youtube stream was awesome.. the hunter watts comeback in the finals vs Triana was 1 the best things I've ever witnessed in wrestling.. unreal..if you haven't seen this their match starts at 4 hours and 57 minutes into video.

Yeah not the best thing from my end. 

2 hours ago, brickfor6 said:

Yeah not the best thing from my end. 

Sorry bro..I had no dog in the fight just appreciated 2 high level young men putting on a show! Like I've stated before I help coach B Campbell and his 2 state title matches were gutting to say the least. 

On 11/29/2018 at 6:10 AM, FCFIGHTER170 said:

No quit and no fear for Hunter Watts.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.