IHSAA Weight Managment Discussion

ENoblewrestling

9 minutes ago, Y2CJ41 said:

You'll email Faulkens to find a loophole in seeding criteria, but you won't on something like this?

I have emailed him about this and hadn't heard back. I thought I would see if anyone else has had this issue this year.

In terms of the "loophole in seeding criteria." I asked for clarification on a question about seeding, I was provided with clarification.  Not sure what loophole your referencing?

Just now, 84headhunter said:

if you weigh in at (or under) the weight class you WANT to wrestle, you need to get signed by a doctor to wrestle that weight class, if you want to wrestle a weight class, you NEED to be at it or under. 

I would double check your alpha sheets.  Ours are saying their minimum weight is their weight at 7% even after the doctors note.  

For example if you have a 106 who weighs 105.8 and is 6.5% bodyfat ours is reading that their minimum weight would be like 106.4 or whatever their weight at 7% would be, and the minimum weight class would be 113.  This is after the Dr. note is in.

1 minute ago, ENoblewrestling said:

I would double check your alpha sheets.  Ours are saying their minimum weight is their weight at 7% even after the doctors note.  

For example if you have a 106 who weighs 105.8 and is 6.5% bodyfat ours is reading that their minimum weight would be like 106.4 or whatever their weight at 7% would be, and the minimum weight class would be 113.  This is after the Dr. note is in.

The way I remember, they straight up used the weight you weighed in at as your minimum weight. 

13 minutes ago, ENoblewrestling said:

Make sure the 2% exception is selected, mine adjusted after it was selected and shows up as an "exception" on the Master Alpha report.

5 minutes ago, randalllynch said:

Make sure the 2% exception is selected, mine adjusted after it was selected and shows up as an "exception" on the Master Alpha report.

Not just the 2% exception.  That form must be filled out by the parents.  You'll also need the doctor's note, which essentially says that the kid is healthy and naturally has a low body fat.  The 2% form would be beneficial so the kid doesn't have to weight 105.8-105.9-106.0 to get a quality weigh in.  It would give them a little wiggle room.  

15 minutes ago, nkraus said:

Not just the 2% exception.  That form must be filled out by the parents.  You'll also need the doctor's note, which essentially says that the kid is healthy and naturally has a low body fat.  The 2% form would be beneficial so the kid doesn't have to weight 105.8-105.9-106.0 to get a quality weigh in.  It would give them a little wiggle room.  

I was taking for granted the paperwork was done as well.

3 minutes ago, nkraus said:

If that's the case then you just need the doctors note, and your kid will not have much wiggle room in order to get his 6 quality weigh ins.  

I don't know if they changed it, but we have two kids under 7. With Dr. notes.  It has their minimum weight and minimum weight class listed as what it would be if they were at 7%. This is after we put the Dr. note in.

The 2% parent form is not available for wrestlers who have less than 7% body fat. The physician's note however is required. If a wrestler has less than 7% BF, that wrestler CANNOT go any lower than his alpha weight. Example: alpha weight = 120.1, BF = 6.9%, wrestler cannot go 120. 

16 minutes ago, AlaskanMountie said:

Good luck getting your kid the necessary qualified weigh-ins in your example. I've run into this a few times and my wrestlers literally had .2 or .3 wiggle room for a qualified weigh-in. 

They can always be "overweight" and their weigh-ins after the 2lbs allowance will be easier to manage.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.