Freshman/sophomore state placer who qualified

ontherise219

I think the freshman/sophomore state is a great idea. Here is a list of placers from last year who will be in Indy for at least Friday night. 

lBailey cathedral 

Hegedus portage 

sturgill peru 

Mosser Adams central 

oliver cathedral 

waldenzak cathedral 

kreitzer brownburg 

Betourne Harrison(Lafayette)

blackburn delta 

burton Plainfield 

douglas Attica 

wilkerson my Vernon 

lohrey shendoah 

Rowlett warren central 

Goudy western 

graves warren central 

blubaugh Bloomington south 

ruble bellmont 

brewer avon 

Lone northwood 

allred shendoah 

morgan Elwood 

Fowler calumet 

Bynum Pendleton heights 

cornwell Elwood 

jamichael watts north central 

Edited by ontherise219

Is there a separate Trackwrestling registration for the State tourney at Southport Saturday or did the qualifier registration take care of all registration and fee? The flier indicates a separate Track registration for all events.  Thanks and I apologize in advance if this is somewhere and I missed it.

I have the same question. I have 2 wrestlers that qualified from the north qualifier and 1 that qualified from being a non placing state qualifier. Is there anything we need to do to register for this Saturday?  It is not on the flyer and don't know where else to look for info. 

16 minutes ago, rhayes said:

I have the same question. I have 2 wrestlers that qualified from the north qualifier and 1 that qualified from being a non placing state qualifier. Is there anything we need to do to register for this Saturday?  It is not on the flyer and don't know where else to look for info. 

You will pay onsite. The entries have been input into the event. If you do not see your kid as entered on TW, contact  markdurham@mac.com

Can I ask what is so different between this tournament and Folkstyle State that is 2 weeks after?  I know the age divisions would be different with Cadets/Juniors.  For a couple years I had talked to some people about having a Junior Varsity state as a way to get more kids to extend their season.  Include all kids that didn't wrestle in a sectional. I know some other states have a JV state.  

I am not against the tournament at all and we will have some Perry kids wrestle.  I just don't see the huge difference between this and the Cadet age group at Warren Central.

3 hours ago, Timeinandout said:

Can I ask what is so different between this tournament and Folkstyle State that is 2 weeks after?  I know the age divisions would be different with Cadets/Juniors.  For a couple years I had talked to some people about having a Junior Varsity state as a way to get more kids to extend their season.  Include all kids that didn't wrestle in a sectional. I know some other states have a JV state.  

I am not against the tournament at all and we will have some Perry kids wrestle.  I just don't see the huge difference between this and the Cadet age group at Warren Central.

Here is why I like it: A kid like Alec Freeman is gonna dominate many Fr/So's that wrestled varsity all year and even just qualifies for Friday night at Banker's Life.  He couldn't even make his varsity lineup (Cole Ross got in the way).

6 hours ago, Timeinandout said:

The difference is age groups and qualifications basically.  Just another way to get some mat time. I generally think this event helped keep some of our kids in the room the past few weeks which is always a good thing.

21 hours ago, Timeinandout said:

How is Alec’s opportunity any different than cadet 100 or 106 at Folkstyle State?

Good point.  My reply would be that he didn't wrestle the HS season so he can compare his current skills against those peers who qualified for State.  I think he will be a State contender in 2019 and I bet he does not lose in this tournament to any wrestler that did not make the ticket round this season.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.