Upsets, surprises and great matches

ontherise219

4 hours ago, maligned said:

For people that were at New Castle: what do you make of Hall going into next weekend? Rolls through Viduya then gets smashed by Smiley. Does he have more than one strong performance in him next weekend? If he faces Mills first round, could he get amped up again like he was vs. Viduya and pull the upset?

Hall vs Viduya was a rematch from last year, Viduya won 17 - 11.  Hall does a great job of figuring his opponent out  &  then creating openings to score. Smiley did a great job of slowing him down & controlling the tie up. Maybe Hall figured something out in the 3rd period with that opening to a quick double leg .  Smiley wrestles very tight & smart. I believe Smiley pinned Viduya in there 1st bout this year but Viduya figured him out & beat him closely the next two matches.  Hats off to the two freshman that made it through in the deepest weight class in the state . If I remember correctly the Cathedral 126 Wilson is also a freshman.

8 hours ago, Juggernaut said:

Hall vs Viduya was a rematch from last year, Viduya won 17 - 11.  Hall does a great job of figuring his opponent out  &  then creating openings to score. Smiley did a great job of slowing him down & controlling the tie up. Maybe Hall figured something out in the 3rd period with that opening to a quick double leg .  Smiley wrestles very tight & smart. I believe Smiley pinned Viduya in there 1st bout this year but Viduya figured him out & beat him closely the next two matches.  Hats off to the two freshman that made it through in the deepest weight class in the state . If I remember correctly the Cathedral 126 Wilson is also a freshman.

Am I missing something? Hall is listed as a freshman and Viduya is a returning state champ. How did they wrestle last year? Are you talking off-season?

12 hours ago, SWINfan said:

No way to know that at this point.  But they had his knee iced up and at least for the next 30 minutes I didn't see him walking without help.  I couldn't see how he hurt it, so it is even harder to guess how bad it is.  Though I do believe if he can't go, that would put Columbus East's Jerermy Clark in as the alternate, making it 9 qualifiers for the Olympians.

Yes, no way to no for sure & I am not close to the situation and have no inside info, but it appeared to be serious. To my untrained eye, I'd venture to say he tore a ligament - i.e. MCL or ACL.

Hope I am wrong & he can go, but it really looked bad.

21 hours ago, maligned said:

For people that were at New Castle: what do you make of Hall going into next weekend? Rolls through Viduya then gets smashed by Smiley. Does he have more than one strong performance in him next weekend? If he faces Mills first round, could he get amped up again like he was vs. Viduya and pull the upset?

I don't know what to think about Hall.  SD wrestles a weak schedule, but he beats Viduya fairly easily then gets completely dominated by Smiley who Viduya has beaten three times this season.

Edited by FC118

3 hours ago, hook and half said:

At evansville, who had a biggef day than Cayden Rooks?  Beats Mills in the semis, then Asa in the final.  What a day!

2 hours ago, 1prouddad said:

Boe had a meat grinder as well 

Curtis at HWT wasn't picked to get through and ended up first. 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.