POTENTIAL ticket round matches

1prouddad

Not taking anything away from anyone cause anything can AND will happen. But hypothetically, here's a few matches that could happen. This is in Evv only so please add other Semis  I have probably  overlooked a few so add them as well  

106 Ross(EMD) vs Dalton(Mon)

106 Montgomery(BB) vs Scott(HH)

113-Kendall(NP) vs Conley(Av).        

113-Boarman(EMD) vs Spears(Mad)

120 Egli(Emd) vs Rioux(Av)

120 Cash(BN) vs Boe(Dan)

126 Mills(BB) vs Willis(Ca)

126 Egli(EMD) vs Garcia(Av)

132 Kreitzer(BB) vs Craig(JC)

138 Combest(CE) vs Miranda(Av)

170 Fuller(Jeff) vs Carson(Dan)

220 Lichlyter(Mem) vs Hammond(Wh)

9 hours ago, 1prouddad said:

Not taking anything away from anyone cause anything can AND will happen. But hypothetically, here's a few matches that could happen. This is in Evv only so please add other Semis  I have probably  overlooked a few so add them as well  

106 Ross(EMD) vs Dalton(Mon)

106 Montgomery(BB) vs Scott(HH)

113-Kendall(NP) vs Conley(Av).        

113-Boarman(EMD) vs Spears(Mad)

120 Egli(Emd) vs Rioux(Av)

120 Cash(BN) vs Boe(Dan)

126 Mills(BB) vs Willis(Ca)

126 Egli(EMD) vs Garcia(Av)

132 Kreitzer(BB) vs Craig(JC)

138 Combest(CE) vs Miranda(Av)

170 Fuller(Jeff) vs Carson(Dan)

220 Lichlyter(Mem) vs Hammond(Wh)

So did you post this before the brackets came out? If so I am going to start asking you every year about who someone has. You got them all perfect except at 126 you have Mills/Egli and Willis/Garcia and its Mills/Willis and  Egli/Garcia.  Very good job. 

3 hours ago, Wrestling4EVER said:

So did you post this before the brackets came out? If so I am going to start asking you every year about who someone has. You got them all perfect except at 126 you have Mills/Egli and Willis/Garcia and its Mills/Willis and  Egli/Garcia.  Very good job. 

Brackets were out.  He probably got those reversed as he was filtering through them.   But, yes several great ticket round matches. 

Is there any potential repeat matchups from last years ticket round?

Edited by MattM

3 hours ago, Wrestling4EVER said:

...you have Mills/Egli and Willis/Garcia and its Mills/Willis and  Egli/Garcia.

So the death draw of either Mills/Garcia vs Rooks in the ticket round didn't materialize, but those two matchups are almost as bad. No matter what happens, two very deserving wrestlers will not make it to Bankers Life.

I know many here believe this to be the beauty of our tourney, but I just can't agree. Let the wrestlers determine who the 4 most deserving that day are through wrestlebacks.

The worst argument I have heard about wrestlebacks is that it would eliminate the ticket round lol 

Like come on guys there would still be a ticket round it's called the round of 6 ( though I like the idea of a 32 man state bracket which would also it round of twelve )

4 hours ago, Wrestling4EVER said:

Huh, I don't see where I have them mixed up. And brackets came out last night. 

Overlooked some more at 113 if it materializes. Petro(CG) vs Sutton(Boon). Sutton has a great tilt series that he likes to run while Petro comes in with a chip and some funk. 

12 minutes ago, Fabio Jr. said:

The worst argument I have heard about wrestlebacks is that it would eliminate the ticket round lol 

Like come on guys there would still be a ticket round it's called the round of 6 ( though I like the idea of a 32 man state bracket which would also it round of twelve )

Its also called the consolation semi or quarter finals depending in how many place.  The difference from the Indiana ticket round is you get rhe best wrestlers, unlike Indiana where you get lucky wrestlers.

30 minutes ago, MattM said:

Brackets were out.  He probably got those reversed as he was filtering through them.   But, yes several great ticket round matches. 

Is there any potential repeat matchups from last years ticket round?

Yea but even Fabio said it looks like he guessed right lol. Confusing

106:
Dalton vs Ross-EV
Black vs Moseley-NC
Oliver vs Ross-NC
113:
Mark vs Hegedus-EC
Light vs Diaz-EC
120:
Hickman vs Peele-EC
Egli vs Rioux-EV
Cash vs Boe-EV
Walendzak vs Rose-NC
Stapleton vs Wagner-NC
126:
Alexander vs Poynter-EC
Johnson vs Smiley-NC
132:
Craig vs Kreitzer-EV
Mosconi vs Freiji-NC
138:
Moore vs Mancera-NC
Kitko/Walton vs Strueder-NC
Risner vs Burdord-EC
145:
Noehre vs Lohrey-NC
Slivka vs Servies-NC
Ball vs LaPlace-EC
Ellis vs Turley-EC
152:
Schrader/Miller vs Pollitt-EV
Blubaugh vs Parkinson-EV
Wagner vs Unseld-NC
Lamore vs Griggs-EC
160:
Shank vs Osho-EV
Davis vs Berkebile-NC
Lemley vs Colza-EC
170:
Bates vs Crary-EC
Fattore vs Buehler-EC
182:
Morgan vs Rolfes-NC
Below vs Hart-NC
Allred vs Roudebush-NC
Chaffee vs Lockett- EC
195:
Donovan vs Fowler-EC
220:
Hammond vs McClaine-NC
HVY:
Crider vs Faulkner-EC

Edited by Tony McGinley
Size change

21 minutes ago, Tony McGinley said:

106:

Dalton vs Ross-EV

Black vs Moseley-NC

Oliver vs Ross-NC

113:

Mark vs Hegedus-EC

Light vs Diaz-EC

120:

Hickman vs Peele-EC

Egli vs Rioux-EV

Cash vs Boe-EV

Walendzak vs Rose-NC

Stapleton vs Wagner-NC

126:

Alexander vs Poynter-EC

Johnson vs Smiley-NC

132:

Craig vs Kreitzer-EV

Mosconi vs Freiji-NC

138:

Moore vs Mancera-NC

Kitko/Walton vs Strueder-NC

Risner vs Burdord-EC

145:

Noehre vs Lohrey-NC

Slivka vs Servies-NC

Ball vs LaPlace-EC

Ellis vs Turley-EC

152:

Schrader/Miller vs Pollitt-EV

Blubaugh vs Parkinson-EV

Wagner vs Unseld-NC

Lamore vs Griggs-EC

160:

Shank vs Osho-EV

Davis vs Berkebile-NC

Lemley vs Colza-EC

170:

Bates vs Crary-EC

Fattore vs Buehler-EC

182:

Morgan vs Rolfes-NC

Below vs Hart-NC

Allred vs Roudebush-NC

Chaffee vs Lockett- EC

195:

Donovan vs Fowler-EC

220:

Hammond vs McClaine-NC

HVY:

Crider vs Faulkner-EC

Come on Coach.  Not one Ticket Round Death Draw in Ft. Wayne?  What are you saying about this SS?

;)

Miranda vs Combest has to be one of the best in the state.

Miranda

20-5 State Qualifier. Lost in Overtime to Graham Rooks at semi state and lost first round at state to Triana 7-2. Not sure what happened his sophomore year. His Junior year he went 17-7 and lost to Luigis of Mater Dei 9-7. 

Combest went 29-9 as a frosh and lost in the ticket round. 40-7 as a sophomore and placed 8th. Went 45-2 and finished 3rd. 

Miranda is going to bring it but will his best be enough to beat Combest?

1 hour ago, navy80 said:

Miranda vs Combest has to be one of the best in the state.

Miranda

20-5 State Qualifier. Lost in Overtime to Graham Rooks at semi state and lost first round at state to Triana 7-2. Not sure what happened his sophomore year. His Junior year he went 17-7 and lost to Luigis of Mater Dei 9-7. 

Combest went 29-9 as a frosh and lost in the ticket round. 40-7 as a sophomore and placed 8th. Went 45-2 and finished 3rd. 

Miranda is going to bring it but will his best be enough to beat Combest?

I didn't get to see the match but it will more than likely play some kind of factor Saturday. Combest won 3-1 earlier this season. The way I believe it will be a factor is in the strategy. I know they have to win first to even have this match happen but their is no one going to make me think for one second that these two wrestler's haven't been game planning for each other since the minute they saw the brackets. If someone has the video or was at the dual, maybe give us some thoughts or insight of how the match went. But I do take Combest here.i actually have him winning the whole state championship. I sure hate that he has to beat one of the top 8 guys in the state to even get to the bank this year. SMH  

Here are the 9 FW ticket round matches that cought my eye. A lot of talent out there in FW. 

106- 

Todd vs Teusch

138-

Gimson vs Rutter

Moore vs Price

152- 

Maclin vs Stroud

160-

Hicks vs Bratcher

170-

Lone vs Minnick 

Rader vs Freidt

220-

Hart vs Hare

HVY-

Parsons vs Jones

There you go backtothemat. 

Edited by Tony McGinley

Fw Semi-state

106- (shearer/boots) vs sturgill

120- morrissett vs heath,

moser vs beasley

126- lechner vs Schiff

132- height vs Ledesma

138- gimson vs rutter

145- kunkel vs (mounsey/macias)

152- Stroud vs (macklin/fielden)

170- lone vs Minnick

Wyro vs Levitz

182- (funk/bevis) vs Abbott

195- rasler vs agnew

220- leffers vs smith

285- Conner vs schwartz 

On 2/4/2018 at 11:32 AM, Fabio Jr. said:

I feel like I am beating a dead horse, but the IHSAA (and most competitive people I know) have only one goal for the entire tournament... crown 14 individual champions.  They don't care about class our second chances.  I can't quote the commissioner, but in football, basketball, volleyball... you lose once and you're done.  I know wrestling is individual but the mentality is the same in the IHSAA office - crown one champion in each class and move on.  Know it.  Live it.  Love it.

10 hours ago, awood2 said:

I feel like I am beating a dead horse, but the IHSAA (and most competitive people I know) have only one goal for the entire tournament... crown 14 individual champions.  They don't care about class our second chances.  I can't quote the commissioner, but in football, basketball, volleyball... you lose once and you're done.  I know wrestling is individual but the mentality is the same in the IHSAA office - crown one champion in each class and move on.  Know it.  Live it.  Love it.

when you have a coaches association who can't even agree on what they want, why would they change it. (Not a knock to any officials in IHSWCA, more the entire coaching base).

Most those sports are lose and you're done everywhere at the high school and NCAA level. Wrestling though, full wrestle backs all through out. ESPECIALLY when the team tournament is dependent on that. The amount of top level college coaches who have flat out told me our system is broken is enouhu for me to want to try my damndest to fix it. I know it probably won't happen but if youre trying to tell me that it's not the right move regardless of what ihsaa says because you want one champ then I just can't get behind that. 

10 hours ago, awood2 said:

I feel like I am beating a dead horse, but the IHSAA (and most competitive people I know) have only one goal for the entire tournament... crown 14 individual champions.  They don't care about class our second chances.

Thanks for pointing that out, because we all know that the IHSAA board members know what is best for our sport. ;)

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.