Because nobody reads the college board

Just a reminder, Purdue takes on Michigan State tonight in West Lafayette.   And nobody would look on the college board to find out,  just giving a reminder.  Always good wrestling. I saw Hughes wasn't in the lineup for MSU.  Is he redshirting?

The Scholar might be there,  (If wife lets him go).

4 minutes ago, Wrestling Scholar said:

Just a reminder, Purdue takes on Michigan State tonight in West Lafayette.   And nobody would look on the college board to find out,  just giving a reminder.  Always good wrestling. I saw Hughes wasn't in the lineup for MSU.  Is he redshirting?

The Scholar might be there,  (If wife lets him go).

He got hurt earlier in the season.  Out for the year, I believe.

And for those that finish their regional early enough, Penn State hosts  Ohio St. at 8pm (Eastern) in a #1 vs #2 dual.  Penn St.'s Jason Nolf is out at 157 which will make things a little tougher for the Nittany Lions.  The dual features 11 wrestler's ranked in Flo's Top 5 and include.s Nick Lee's toughest Big Ten match to date vs Joey McKenna.

3 minutes ago, Thor said:

Wow Purdue wrecked IU. Love to see it as a Purdue fan, but dang iu is bad. Why do any of instate recruits want to go there? Their wrestlers show very little development. 

Got to spend a little time at Purdue over the last year. The biggest thing that impressed me about that team is that they seem to love being there. The kids seem to like each other. I believe that this is a huge reason for their improvement. 

7 minutes ago, Thor said:

Wow Purdue wrecked IU. Love to see it as a Purdue fan, but dang iu is bad. Why do any of instate recruits want to go there? Their wrestlers show very little development. 

Look this guy wants us to fall for it .... Gott’em ! 

1 minute ago, TeamGarcia said:

Look this guy wants us to fall for it .... Gott’em ! 

((#)) TheCounty ....Let’s all go over to the College Forum and take over like we do every Topic anyways , eventually in a few years we’ll all be over there anyways . Bah ! 

1 hour ago, Thor said:

Wow Purdue wrecked IU. Love to see it as a Purdue fan, but dang iu is bad. Why do any of INSTATE recruits want to go there? Their wrestlers show very little development. 

There are plenty of in state wrestlers that would JUMP at the chance to wrestle for Duane Goldman! But none of the wrestlers that Goldman, could get, would ever win a Big ten tournament or AA.  THE QUESTION IS, Why would any, elite caliber, in state or out of state want to go there? 

1 hour ago, Thor said:

You know Purdue’s 133 graduates next year and as of now no one to replace him, and Asa sure would good in black and old gold....

Purdue a great College, my daughter goes there pursuing a Teaching Degree. My Family knows the Campus well . #BoilerUp

With that said ... I’ll have little say in where he lands in the Future. It’s not me Wrestling or going to school there. My wife & I will Support him where ever he lands . I will say he’s been highly recruited by all Indiana Colleges & out of State these days . 

10 minutes ago, TeamGarcia said:

Purdue a great College, my daughter goes there pursuing a Teaching Degree. My Family knows the Campus well . #BoilerUp

With that said ... I’ll have little say in where he lands in the Future. It’s not me Wrestling or going to school there. My wife & I will Support him where ever he lands . I will say he’s been highly recruited by all Indiana Colleges & out of State these days . 

So... What are his top 3 choices? lol

5 hours ago, navy80 said:

Wow IU did get thumped by Purdue..  In all fairness to Goldman and IU, they did get Angel, twice! lol

Indiana Jokers, I mean Hoosiers. Really, Goldman produce two winners in two duals this weekend. At home against Illinois and Purdue. There has to be somebody here to take responsibility.

What in the hell is President McRobbie thinking? The incompetence of Fred Glass, the AD,not to make any changes to the coaching staff, and McRobbie letting it happen is exactly what you get in a public bureaucracy. I mean an elite University, in the Big Ten, in the heart of rich HS talent, and this JOKER, Goldman, cant  recruit any more than two wins in two duals. I don't think he would last at Bloomington South, let alone at Brownsburg, with that kind of results. WOW and year after year. Who, on this message board, thinks this is the way Indiana University should be running the wrestling program? 

Wow, IU is continuing to spiral down not sure why Goldman is there as coach other than the money his family donates.   His hiring of Simmons turned out to be a joke when all of the info about what happened with Simmons at Oregeon State and punching the recruit.   

The comments of one of their best wrestlers Walsh, just puts t all out there.   I do not listen to these coaches.

Hopfully Angel can get the job and do a full overhaul 

39 minutes ago, Coach Nieman said:

Body language of Purdue coaches vs IU coaches was night and day. Regardless of situation, Ersland and co were up on their feet, very animated. IU coaches sat with their arms crossed.

On a positive note, I hope the Indiana HS coaches and wrestlers are paying attention to Tony and the PU program  Keeping the in state elite wrestlers at home for all of us in Indiana to enjoy would be great.

Ill add Purdue looked good against Michigan State on Friday night. Kind of disappointing the crowd wasn't bigger considering Purdue isn't even selling tickets for wrestling.  Its free this year, and the remember that this Friday.    Welch ran into a pretty good freshman.   But the rest of the team looked sharp.  This weekend was the easier matches for Purdue with MSU and IU at the bottom, but still good to get some wins.  Still would like to see them to take that big forward away from the bottom of the Big 10 and at least in the middle.  Still waiting, but Ersland is doing a good job.

• 2 weeks later...
13 minutes ago, base said:

Who is Purdue bringing in next year?

Smiley + Melloh from indiana - anyone else?

They also have Penola coming in. Really looking forward to him getting better, he has a very high ceiling. They also have Emil Soehnlen from Ohio, actually the same school as David Carr, at 170. Soehnlen's a top ranked 170 lber and I believe top 50 overall. And lastly they Kendall Coleman from Mt Carmel (?) at 145, ranked pretty high. 

Great to see the program progress, even if it’s incremental. The men ,the new coaches,inherited have a whole new aggressiveness to them. This helps ,when high schoolers are considering, to see the in room progression.  Nothing but good things in West Lafayette.