New rankings

Banks

The last rankings were finished before the sectionals. We lock them before the tourney. I think we lost 2 ranked wrestlers in the first rd 

1-Chase Wilson Princeton was in the bracket but withdrew. I still believe if healthy he makes a run 

2-#11 Darrione Gregory Lawrence central had a tough road ahead from sectionals on. Move him in to some of the other sectionals and he could still be going. 

Reminder the rankings are NOT my pick the champions or my picks for the state finals they are here to recognize great seasons for these athletes. That is my some semi states have up to 6 representatives. 

Rankings have been pretty good all year and this might be the most fairest round.    Probably takes a lot of work  and research to stay on top of these.

I hear and agree what you say about the rankings as not being picks  predictions of the state tournament,  but its human nature to compare the result to the ranking after the tournament to see how close you were.

Thanks Mike for all the work.

11 hours ago, Banks said:

Thoughts on the new rankings? anyone you think should be ranked thats not? or anyone ranked that surprises you?

How is Scott from Heritage Hills at 106 still out of the rankings?

Defeated Teusch 6-3, lost to Simone I believe 7-5. Last year Semi state qualifier.

31 minutes ago, Colts said:

How is Scott from Heritage Hills at 106 still out of the rankings?

Defeated Teusch 6-3, lost to Simone I believe 7-5. Last year Semi state qualifier.

Good wrestler. Might be top 20, but Simone dominated that match, 7-2, only points came from being cut. Looked great against Teusch though. Probably just not getting enough exposure with the schedule. He’ll get his chance to prove himself.

Edited by Coach Brobst

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.