Heartland Dual Elementary Team Wrestle Off's

JMILL

Please make note that the date for the upcoming Heartland Dual Elementary Team Wrestle Off's has changed to Feb 25.  Still at Warren and all times are still the same.  Only change was the date moving up 1 wk.   This is a tremendous trip and great competition for the teams so please attend the wrestle off's so that we can attempt to put our best teams out there in April !!!! 

Any Questions please contact

Jason Miller

219-730-9489

ISWA Kids Director

bump................please make note and make sure all the studs in IN are there for the wrestle off's to ensure that Team IN puts our best team possible out there in April.  Our Highest place has been 3rd in nation and this was done 2 times (2013,2016).  We need to try to best these finishes and bring the title back to IN.

If anyone has any questions or reservations please please call me and discuss !!!

Jason Miller

ISWA Kids Director

219-730-9489

1 hour ago, Bulldog89 said:

Jason, 

How many kids do you usually get for these wrestle offs?

Dave Doster

well.........weight classes differ.  the lighter to mid weights we have had as many as 10-14 and had to use a 16 man bracket with true wrestle backs to 2nd place (but usually have 5-9) and uppers the most on a good year is 4-5 (usually 1-3 big kids).  Honestly this is the best $10 a parent can spend because its usually the best 3-5 matches the kids will get against the best kids in the state.  If you have a hammer you should send them for sure.  If you are a parent of a kid who thinks they may be at the level of making this team def come out and give it a go.  I have talked to parents who have come every year and say that they hope their kids make the team but if they don't its worth it for the experience and competition level to get their kids better. 

Thanks for question Dave and if I can answer anything else please don't hesitate. 

Edited by JMILL

Jason,

My son, Easton, is a 5th grader 75#.  He has been wrestling since he was 5 and watching and wrestling with his older brother (Owen Doster State Placer, 5th 132#,  in '16 who is now at Wabash as a sophomore, returning 2017 All-American 7th @ Nationals)  We are from Fort Wayne/New Haven area and he is very successful in this area in local opens  and he plans to wrestle in the ISWA state both folk-style & freestyle this year.  He is even going to give up seeing his brother at the NCAA DIII Championships (if he qualifies, which he should) to be able to wrestle at ISWA State.

We have traveled this year a bit with the Indiana Outlaws to Pennsylvania and he wrestled at the NUWAYs in Fort Wayne (WOW those PA, NJ kids are good).  The Heartlands was a tournament we both had noticed and he expressed interest to see if he could make the team and to see how he stacks up against some of the kids he may see later in high school.  We will be in Crawfordsville for the NCAA DIII Regionals at Wabash on Friday the 23rd and Saturday the 24th, so this could work out for us since we would be close to Indy.

I have printed off  the info sheet and we will discuss as this is something i know he really wants to do.  Owen wrestled for Team Indiana in Iowa also and little brother wants to follow in his path.

Thanks again Jason for your insight and i hope we see you at the wrestle offs.

Dave Doster

11 minutes ago, Bulldog89 said:

Jason,

My son, Easton, is a 5th grader 75#.  He has been wrestling since he was 5 and watching and wrestling with his older brother (Owen Doster State Placer, 5th 132#,  in '16 who is now at Wabash as a sophomore, returning 2017 All-American 7th @ Nationals)  We are from Fort Wayne/New Haven area and he is very successful in this area in local opens  and he plans to wrestle in the ISWA state both folk-style & freestyle this year.  He is even going to give up seeing his brother at the NCAA DIII Championships (if he qualifies, which he should) to be able to wrestle at ISWA State.

We have traveled this year a bit with the Indiana Outlaws to Pennsylvania and he wrestled at the NUWAYs in Fort Wayne (WOW those PA, NJ kids are good).  The Heartlands was a tournament we both had noticed and he expressed interest to see if he could make the team and to see how he stacks up against some of the kids he may see later in high school.  We will be in Crawfordsville for the NCAA DIII Regionals at Wabash on Friday the 23rd and Saturday the 24th, so this could work out for us since we would be close to Indy.

I have printed off  the info sheet and we will discuss as this is something i know he really wants to do.  Owen wrestled for Team Indiana in Iowa also and little brother wants to follow in his path.

Thanks again Jason for your insight and i hope we see you at the wrestle offs.

Dave Doster

absolutely !!!   He should give it a go and see where he measures up.  It is also a good warm up for state tournament.  See you there and make sure to introduce yourself to me please and thanks !!!

1 hour ago, Bulldog89 said:

Do you work at Brownsburg High School?

nope just live in Bburg and volunteer for ISWA and have a vested interest in all things Contenders WA with 2 kids there.

19 minutes ago, pupp44 said:

When is the tournament if you make the team? Thanks

April 13-15 Council Bluffs IA.   All info is located on ISWA website towards the bottom under event list on right hand side (flyer attachments for event info and wrestle off info)

Thanks for inquiring.

20 hours ago, JMILL said:

April 13-15 Council Bluffs IA.   All info is located on ISWA website towards the bottom under event list on right hand side (flyer attachments for event info and wrestle off info)

Thanks for inquiring.

Thanks for your help.

Please make sure to send all of your kids that are 6u and 50lb-175lb to tryout for the team.  See the ISWA website flyer for all wrestle off times on 2-25-18 and details of the event if they make the team 4-13 to 4-15 Council Bluff's IA.

On ‎2‎/‎7‎/‎2018 at 11:42 AM, ISWA said:

Please make sure to send all of your kids that are 6u and 50lb-175lb to tryout for the team.  See the ISWA website flyer for all wrestle off times on 2-25-18 and details of the event if they make the team 4-13 to 4-15 Council Bluff's IA.

remember the wrestle off's for the 6U team are at Warren HS wrestling room Feb 25th.  Feel free to text me or call me with any questions or to advise you are planning on coming and what weight.  Jason Miller 219-730-9489 Kids Director

• 2 weeks later...
On ‎2‎/‎26‎/‎2018 at 4:36 PM, TripleB said:

@JMILL let us see those teams!!

We are still looking for a couple kids to fill the Blue team spots (95,100,105 & 160).  Have some texts out to coaches but these are a first come basis so if anyone has a stud at one of these weights that wants to fill the spot then by all means contact me at 219-730-9489.  Once filled the rosters for teams will be released.

(#)) TheCounty

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.