Contenders and Pretenders

navy80

At team state we saw STATE FINALS type of matchups...  Who were those wrestlers who separated themselves?

126- Carson Willis- He beat Sam Fair, Tanner Demien (both either state qualifiers or placers, I am pretty sure). He got beat by State champ Cayden Rooks 3-2 and was pinned by state champ Alec Viduya. Even with two losses, Willis showed he is a CONTENDER!

126- We all know Asa Garcia a good day...He beat 4th place state finisher Collin Pointer 3-2, state champ Cayden Rooks 3-1, and avenged a last season loss to state champ Alec Viduya with an overtime win. Garcia confirmed he is a CONTENDER!

113- Blake Boarmen came in as a highly touted freshman for Mater Dei. He beat Joe Just 10-3 (I think Just is a SQ or ticket rounder SSQ). Blake then beat Kung of PM 12-1 and Hedgdus of Portgare 7-1. Three quality wins by the freshman shows he is a CONTENDER!

120-Brock Peele of Portage placed 4th last year at the state finals. Peele's four wins yesterday may be the most significant of any wrestler...He beat Trey McCartney 5-3, Ray Rioux 4-3, Drake Campbell 3-1, and Kane Egli 7-1. I believe all four were at the state finals last year. Very good wins by Peele proves he is a CONTENDER!

113-Kysen Montgomery- Kysen came in as a highly touted freshman who cracked the starting spot on the best team in Indiana.He was beaten by Brayden Lowery in overtime, he beat Hegedus 2-1 and Kung 7-2. The freshman proved he is a CONTENDER!

160- Nick South of CE showed how new practice partners has elevated his game. South beat Ethan Hicks 3-0, Nolan Weidner 8-3, Ian Hartz 11-3, and Nathan Conley 1-0. South didn't get a break at the team state finals and had to bring his A game every match and proved he is a CONTENDER!

OTHER CONTENDERS BUT I DON'T HAVE TIME FOR

Joel Arney with wins over Parkinson and Schonegge

Jack Services who didn't give up a point.. Freeman 9-0, Fitts 7-0, and Asbury 5-0.

Who else separated themselves from the pack?

1 minute ago, FCFIGHTER170 said:

Brewer @170 tech falled Krintz, dominated 182 SQ Torres

Allred pinned ranked 195er

Yeah forgot about Brewer. Seems like he’s stepped up his game since last year’s semi state loss. 

Didnt look anywhere but 3A. Allred will surely place top 4...

2 hours ago, Fabio Jr. said:

Brownsburg Assitant Coach Wiesjahn gave a middling at best Karaoke version of Steel Panthers "Its a Burden Being Wonderful" before the tournament. No one was impressed. PRETENDER

Watch "Eddie and the cruisers" after "Vision Quest" next time and it'll sure things up, scouts honor. 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.