'Twas the Night Before Christmas - IndianaMat Style

'Twas the night before Christmas, when all through the house, not a wrestler was stirring, not even Da Rat, the singlets were hung by the chimney with care, in hopes that Bankers Life Fieldhouse soon would be there; 

The wrestlers were nestled all snug in their beds, while visions of "Under the Lights" danced in their heads, and matmaids in their kerchiefs, and coaches in their caps, had just settled down for a short winter nap; 

When out of the wrestling room arose such a clatter, I sprang from the thermostat to see what was the matter. Away to the window I flew like a flash, jumped over the scale, and threw up the sash. 

The moon on the breast of the new fallen snow, gave lustre to the conditioning of wrestlers below, when, what to my wondering eyes should appear, but some spladles, cradles, and coaches as chubby as tiny reindeer. 

With a little old moderator, so lively, but overrun, I knew in a moment it must be Y2CJ41, more rapid than takedown flurries his members they came, and he whistled and shouted and called them by name; 

Now Snyder, now McGinley, now, Schoettle, now Schaefer, On, Pendowski, on McClurg, On Tonte and Vega! To the center of the circle, hang from the top of the wall! Now dash away, dash away, dash away all. 

And, then in a twinkling, I heard in the room, the blood, sweat, and tears of each wrestlers' doom, as coach wallowed out drills as his voice grew hoarse, it was perfectly fine as it was par for the course. 

As Sectionals and Regionals seem almost here today, Bobby Cox and Blake Ress won't give the IHSAA trophy away, teams jockey and prepare, but go straight to work, because they know that the hardware will soon be there. 

As Y2CJ41 manages his site for the rest of the year, to his moderator team gave a whistle, and away they ranked, scored, and hoped for no one's dismissal, but I heard him exclaim, ere he drove out of sight, Happy Christmas to All, and TO ALL A GOOD NIGHT! 

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year, lads. Go Irish!       

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.