Remember that one time....

ontherise219

21 minutes ago, Fabio Jr. said:

Compsrasble scores mean nothing in a dual. Look at the semis and finals. It all comes down to match ups. Im sorry you think youre a top 10-12 team but i yet to see it. Good kids solid kids but just not there. Looking over youre schedule there just are not a lot of victories over those people. WE can talk speculation all you want but if the team wants more respect go battle with teams in bottom 10. If it were me Id drop you guys to 20 and move castle who upset Penn. Will you dual any of those guys soon? Ill be happy to be proven wrong but get over the "woe is me" act . You're right Hobart is also not ranked  they have also wrestled 4 top 20 teams this year already not to mention the Al smith is coming so add in Cathedral and Columbus East and Penn. But they are not complaining about how they are treated.

Just my 2 cents I watched most your pool yesterday scouting portage youre on that bubble just not there yet. good luck the rest of the year. McCartney dropping will be a huge boost to an already loaded 120 class.

Im not saying Harrison is top 10, but theyre legit top 20.  They just dont have feeder system to get to to top 10.  Anyway, it all comes down to matchups.   Not sayinng Harrison would beat Penn,  but coach Henry had his kids all laced ready to go, and the bracket said they should of wrestled.  I said earlier, why have these kids go this far and not have them wrestle.  Somebody screwed up on that.  Also common opponents mean sonething,  If Harrison beats CG by 23 and Roncalli beats them by 20,   then Harrison is in the same ball park.  I just said they had a shot.    And now comparing Hobart, Harrison has two top 10 matches on their schedule, and  ot in Al Smith, but they are in the Fairfield, oh invite which eould be comparable.

that tournament is objectively not comparable unless they added hammers to it.

At the AL Smith We have 6 of the top 20  3 from the top 10. 

compare to Brecksville 

Big Class: 5 of the top ten teams

Medium class: 6 of the top 12

SMall class: 4 of top 12

Intermat Nationally Ranked teams

#9 Detroit Central Classic

#23 Brecksville

#32 Lowell MI

Plus #5 Avon and #3 Portage who just dropped outta the rankings

That's the Al Smith of Ohio

I’m not real sure why there is still a debate/ talk about how new blood should of been in the tournament over blue blood. I also am not sure why we are talking about a team that got “9th”. I mean if you would of been in any other pool you still get beat by EM, CE, BB, or PM. What are we arguing about 9th place for. Where I come from if you ain’t first you’re last. Just kidding, but seriously. That BBurg and Blue blood dual was one for the ages. 

3 hours ago, ontherise219 said:

But got beat by a merrillville team missing 3 starters 

Mike, i know you have no respect for the Harrison guys, but if youre going to dis them, get the facts straight.  Merrillville was at full stength,  and only lost 35 to 30.  They also lost a match, (should of one) on a last second take down.  They win that, they would of won the match .  And they didnt get blown out.    I thought you were on top of big matches in the region.

I know you said Harrison didnt belong compared to other teams,  but they showed and got 9th.  And  you still got to rain on their party .  So they beat a team at Team state,  then that team suddenly is not good.  Figures Mike.

19 minutes ago, Wrestling Scholar said:

Mike, i know you have no respect for the Harrison guys, but if youre going to dis them, get the facts straight.  Merrillville was at full stength,  and only lost 35 to 30.  They also lost a match, (should of one) on a last second take down.  They win that, they would of won the match .  And they didnt get blown out.    I thought you were on top of big matches in the region.

I know you said Harrison didnt belong compared to other teams,  but they showed and got 9th.  And  you still got to rain on their party .  So they beat a team at Team state,  then that team suddenly is not good.  Figures Mike.

Drew Bailey 195 lake county champ at 285 is currently out 

Anthony Rivera ssq is currently injured 

Brandon lucero also a SSQ quit sounds like full strength. 

This all started because I said in a vote in I would take Perry, Chesterton and cp ahead of you. Then you carry on and now you don’t like honest responses. Response you have agreed with me. 

No doubt 120, 132 and Donnie can wrestle with anyone in the state. I have never said anything against those guys. 

Let me know if I am wrong?  I also made topic just to congratulate you. But you want to keep this conversation going by hijacking other posts. How about you and I do a over under of state qualifiers for Harrison? 4.5 SQ shaved ice for the weekend of state as we both watch crider on his way to the semis 

1 hour ago, ontherise219 said:

Let me know if I am wrong?  I also made topic just to congratulate you. But you want to keep this conversation going by hijacking other posts. How about you and I do a over under of state qualifiers for Harrison? 4.5 SQ shaved ice for the weekend of state as we both watch crider on his way to the semis 

My bad,  i didnt realize you were congratulating Harrison on their team state appearance. I mistook itas a mock.  And when you said they can only beat team with forfeits, i aso thought as mocking.  Anyway thanks for clearing up.where did rivera go to ss.

Ill go 3.5. State for shaved ice at EC

I agree with Montymo that unfortunately some of the better Harrison kids didn't get a chance to prove their worthiness to be in FW.  Correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think Crider or Betourne wrestled anybody ranked and I know Betourne wrestled one or two backups.  McCartney wrestled one state placer and lost 5-3, but then the next state placer he was scheduled to wrestle was replaced with a backup.  I'm guessing those kids would've liked to prove themselves, after all the negative (but accurate) chatter about Harrison.  

2 hours ago, Wrestling Scholar said:

My bad,  i didnt realize you were congratulating Harrison on their team state appearance. I mistook itas a mock.  And when you said they can only beat team with forfeits, i aso thought as mocking.  Anyway thanks for clearing up.where did rivera go to ss.

Ill go 3.5. State for shaved ice at EC

3.5 it is on ec doesn’t have shaved ice but after the ticket rd let’s do tacos. 

No mockin man 

13 hours ago, navy80 said:

What’s the story on Donnell Washington? Track has him placing and qualifying in Illinois state finals. He sure did pick a good school to transfer to!

Perry only had 5 returning wrestlers from last season??

He's a stud who transfered from Marian Catholic in Chicago Heights, IL.  He was an IKWF state champ from the renowned Harvey Twisters, where he had practice partners who are either now D1, defending Illinois 2x HS champs, or Illinois HS contenders to win state.

14 hours ago, busstogate said:

He's a stud who transfered from Marian Catholic in Chicago Heights, IL.  He was an IKWF state champ from the renowned Harvey Twisters, where he had practice partners who are either now D1, defending Illinois 2x HS champs, or Illinois HS contenders to win state.

Rumor is they may add a couple more transfers to their current twisters. 

Edited by Joker

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.