Dodging matchups

Jim calhoun

Just let the kids wrestle.  We have had 15 matches so far this year and 6 were ff and most of those teams had kids at that weight.   You don't ever dodge a match. Heck you can be 0-40 going into sectionals and earn your #1 ssed for regionals and so on. You should always want to wrestle the good kids. A good example is, Tommy's freshman year he was undefeated going into the finals match at semi state. He ended up losing to Nathan Boston 1-0. He came off the mat with a big grin. His coach says," Tommy, why are you so happy, you do know that you just lost, right?"  Tommy responds with, " yep and that was fun!"  Let the kids go out there and have fun. It's ok to lose. These kids are learning a lot more than wrestling from this sport. Personally I would rather my kids learn that anything can happen if you just go out there and try instead of your not good enought so why bother going out there. 

Very interesting the topic is posted this week and today there were a bunch of match ups between top ranked wrestlers. 

106 #1 Moran vs #3 Bailey

160 #2 Lemley vs #3 Mappes

138 #2 Rumph vs #3 Melloh

195 #1 Davidson vs #3 Penola

152 #3 Washington vs #3 Slivka (145)

170 #3 Brewer vs #8 Carson

Looks like not much dodging today

Edited by Rookies03

42 minutes ago, Rookies03 said:

Very interesting the topic is posted this week and today there were a bunch of match ups between top ranked wrestlers. 

106 #1 Moran vs #3 Bailey

160 #2 Lemley vs #3 Mappes

138 #2 Rumph vs #3 Melloh

195 #1 Davidson vs #3 Penola

152 #3 Washington vs #3 Slivka (145)

170 #3 Brewer vs #8 Carson

Looks like not much dodging today

Brewer vs carson could happen atleast 4 more times too.. Brewer looked good considering he's been sick for 6 weeks and carson was going after him the whole match. 

On 12/8/2017 at 3:01 PM, Coach Brobst said:

Are you arguing that classing the state tournament would somehow diminish the regular season matches more than they already are. Couldn't a smaller school schedule big schools during the regular season even though they won't compete come state finals? Ohio does this all the time. You think St. Paris Graham just sends kids to wrestle the small schools? They send them out to get the best competition. Class wrestling has nothing to do with this topic at all.

Point your car east and don't stop until you're in Ohio.  We don't want it.

1 hour ago, awood2 said:

Point your car east and don't stop until you're in Ohio.  We don't want it.

Just pointing out the fact that this topic has nothing to do with class wrestling...I’ve said enough on the matter. No more distracting from the original post by me.

2 hours ago, Wrestling Scholar said:

Galagore,

Ive been in Indiana about 10 years now,  I don't if its the Hoosiers movie thing or what,  but one thing I learned about Indiana Wrestling is,   "Size doesn't matter in Indiana".

Indeed, it does. But this is not the thread for such a discussion. This is the last I'll say on the matter in this thread.

2 minutes ago, Galagore said:

Indeed, it does. But this is not the thread for such a discussion. This is the last I'll say on the matter in this thread.

I should clarify, that the majority of  wrestling community of Indiana believes "Size Doesn't Matter".  Well at least when it comes to wrestling.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.