Scholastic Duals

base

We were on the Gorillas last year after Brayden placed 7th and was not invited to gold or blue. It was a great experience for Brayden. He was really looking forward to seeing alot of his old teammates. Very disappointed by these actions.

Soooo.... Just to be clear.  Your Indianamat team isn't going, and you're planning an attempt to catch the Indiana Gold and Blue kids in an IHSAA violation?

I won't catch them, just warn them ahead of time if they do something they'll be violating their IHSAA amateurism. They will be fine to wrestle and participate, there is just a little catch at the end.

I won't catch them, just warn them ahead of time if they do something they'll be violating their IHSAA amateurism. They will be fine to wrestle and participate, there is just a little catch at the end.

Do the best kids represent Indiana?

The goal is to have the Indiana Gold team made up of the top returning placewinner from IHSAA state in each weight class.

Why don't you warn them now? That could stop a kid from committing in the first place. If you do that, then kids won't have to back out the week of, leaving holes in the team for them to fill last minute. Unless your plan is to try and poke some holes in the team so they don't do as well...

I feel there is a strong need for the Gorilla Team. I also feel Gold should have the Top 14. I have been tuned into one weight class for the past 4 years. If the Gorilla Team had been banned the past 4 years, they would have kept Kobe Woods, Gunnar Larson and Evan Ellis x2 out of the tournament. Those 3 kids have 9 State Medals together. That is just WRONG. I am also tuned into to Avon. Without the Gorilla Team they are potentially eliminating Asa Garcia and Nathan Conley. Again, that is just WRONG. I am sure all of you can come up with many more examples. Sad that they are hurting the kids in Indiana.  

Edited by 800lbs Gorilla Mama

Are you saying that 70 of Indiana's best wrestlers could be done for their career, if they wrestle in this event? Dang.... that would suck!

Or maybe more!!! If they go back to prior years.

It must be something bad.

Cmon man we gotta know!

Nope they can wrestle in the event just fine. There are no issues with them participating.

If just the Gorilla Team is banned, this seems like more of a personal issue against Joe and the rest of the Gorilla staff and group.

My brother wrestled on Gold many years ago, and he had a great time and the team finished as runner-ups....

I was also able to get Jake Reed on a "other" team that year.  The experience he received was a huge factor in his jump the next year from SS qualifier to a 4th place state finish.  

The more indiana wrestlers that wrestle can only be a positive.

Nope they can wrestle in the event just fine. There are no issues with them participating.

I get it!!! Its like a riddle. Man.... I love riddles.

But... in all seriousness. A lot of my friend's kids had spots on the team. I feel really bad for them. I suspect that this is going to get ugly. I hate that fact.

But... in all seriousness. A lot of my friend's kids had spots on the team. I feel really bad for them. I suspect that this is going to get ugly. I hate that fact.

Yes it will get ugly, that's what happens when you poke the #800lbGorilla.

The only reason I'm waiting is because it's on the event organizer's plate, not the kids or the IHSWCA's.

I would say it will get childish as opposed to getting ugly.

Joe, were you told you simply can't bring a team?  Or were you told that you could bring a team as long as you didn't pull potential wrestlers from the Indiana Gold team?

Y2, you constantly talk about growing the sport and doing what's best for the sport, yet your actions show the exact opposite. You don't get what you want, so you'll go home and take your ball with you, but along the way you'll make kids pay for other adults not doing what you want? For all the good you do for the sport of wrestling you do equal amount of bad by alienating people with your juvenile behavior. I also love how you point out the person in the hall of fame only had 3 qualifiers in his career, way to take the high road on that one.