bailey vs luigs....luck of the irsh? 132/138?

formercollegekid

As in almost all sports, you are taught at a young age to take referees out of every possible equation. The refs might screw you sometimes and sometimes you get the benefit of the human factor. I don't want to get caught up in the semantics of a few seconds in either match, but no one can diminish Breyden's State Title. And, though it sucks because it seriously affected the team race, I know Zach will work equally as hard to be a champion in 2018. Congrats Breyden on one of the most prolific careers at Cathedral in a very storied history of rock stars.

Edited by IndianaWrestlingGuy1

Luigis is a really good wrestler. He is also a really good kid..

He got a gift at Evansville not getting called pinned in the center of mat and flopped on his back out of bounds in the Noah Franklin match..

That was the worst no call I have seen in the last 15years , when the referee is looking at Luigis's back and then looks to the crowd that says he is trying to make a decision instead of calling what he sees..

Bailey and Luigis was very close , the referee made the call and was in position, he did not waver .. Great match by two good kids..

Idk if I'd call him not getting pinned in the 3rd place match a gift. Had he lost that match, he navigates his way to the finals on the other side of the bracket.

Idk if I'd call him not getting pinned in the 3rd place match a gift. Had he lost that match, he navigates his way to the finals on the other side of the bracket.

First , he would had to beat Hunt instead of Gimson , which hunt beat Gimson at semistate ..

so he would beat Combest if they wrestled ? I think that was two weeks in a row with the same result.. Combest finished 3rd and Luigis 4th..

Luigis is a really tough wrestler and a good kid but sometimes things like that work themselves out .. This weight was very close and competitive.

Congrats to all of the 132lb wrestlers , this weight class was really exciting ..

Actually if anyone got screwed by this it was probably Combest. I believe Luigs beats hunt and Combest Beats Luigs again like the week before. Of course Bailey woulda still been the champion lol. Just crazy how things coulda been so different over something so small. Lol

Let's not forget if Luigs is in the other bracket, Bailey probably has to face #1 in the state. How does that shake out?

As for the clock, right or wrong what is relevant is what the wrestlers see and how much time they think they have. If that becomes TW time then so be it. I'd say the takedown was there. Let them decide it in overtime

First , he would had to beat Hunt instead of Gimson , which hunt beat Gimson at semistate ..

so he would beat Combest if they wrestled ? I think that was two weeks in a row with the same result.. Combest finished 3rd and Luigis 4th..

Luigis is a really tough wrestler and a good kid but sometimes things like that work themselves out .. This weight was very close and competitive.

Congrats to all of the 132lb wrestlers , this weight class was really exciting ..

Ifs and buts....   ha ha

Lots of people are complaining about that call, but I think all recognize that it would have only tied the match.  No one knows what would have happened in OT.  Bailey was wrestling defensive with a lead.  There is no way to know how he would have wrestled tied in OT.  All in all, I do think Bailey is the better wrestler.  It just would have been nice to see a clear victory, which most people think it was not.  Congrats to Breyden.  He persevered/survived and made it to the Finals where he kicked arse.  Luigs had a tough road.  He dominated Gimson and beat Reitz, the favorite of many.  Kudos to him for showing his high ranking was legit.  And kudos to Combest for showing he could repeat the previous weekend's result.  It was a great field and provided a lot of excitement.  

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.