ihsaa moving sectional and regional from calumet

bonehead63

Warsaw, go ahead and disagree with me. I'll just say that my 6A school that was built 11 years ago doesn't have a gym big enough to host Sectionals. We can't even host our 7-team conference or our county meet. It would be a really nice junior high gym, but it does not compare to what other schools around us have.

Warsaw, go ahead and disagree with me. I'll just say that my 6A school that was built 11 years ago doesn't have a gym big enough to host Sectionals. We can't even host our 7-team conference or our county meet. It would be a really nice junior high gym, but it does not compare to what other schools around us have.

That sucks. But that is not the normal in Indiana, known for like 14 of the top 15 biggest gyms in the US.

Edited by warsawwrestling

I just saw this post.... and I see a lot of statements about what gym or parking lot or who can host it. First .... wadkins is a great person that has done a lot for this sport in our area.

But has anyone asked the important questions?

How is this going to affect the region. Are they going to just move the place where sectionals and regionals are hosted? Or are they planning on shuffling some schools around? From what I hear it isn't good. Sectionals not a big deal, the kicker is at regionals!!! Can you imagine having a regional tougher than semistate? Just think of wrestlers that wouldn't make it to state bc they got eliminated at regionals not semistate. I think the region should be well represented down in Indy. That's actually good for the sport. Having the best guys competing down in indy. But again it could be all rumors since no one is talking ....

Edited by Jdhomes

I just saw this post.... and I see a lot of statements about what gym or parking lot or who can host it. First .... wadkins is a great person that has done a lot for this sport in our area.

But has anyone asked the important questions?

How is this going to affect the region. Are they going to just move the place where sectionals and regionals are hosted? Or are they planning on shuffling some schools around? From what I hear it isn't good. Sectionals not a big deal, the kicker is at regionals!!! Can you imagine having a regional tougher than semistate? Just think of wrestlers that wouldn't make it to state bc they got eliminated at regionals not semistate. I think the region should be well represented down in Indy. That's actually good for the sport. Having the best guys competing down in indy. But again it could be all rumors since no one is talking ....

Don't drink and IndianaMat.  You'll end up posting non-sense like this.

How exactly can a regional be tougher than a semi-state?  At semi-state you have your own regional, PLUS other regionals.  Think (and don't drink) before you post.

Although perhaps unlikely, I think theoretically it's possible. Consider just one weight class for example. If one stacked regional has 6 guys ranked in that weight class, and the other three regionals feeding into the same semi-state have none, then the most ranked guys advancing to semi-state would be just 4.

Don't drink and IndianaMat.  You'll end up posting non-sense like this.

How exactly can a regional be tougher than a semi-state?  At semi-state you have your own regional, PLUS other regionals.  Think (and don't drink) before you post.

When making fun of someone for posting NONSENSE, perhaps recognizing that it's a word not requiring a hyphen is something you should be aware of.  I just thought I'd point it out since you are all knowing and don't want you looking foolish. 

Back to talking about wrestling. 

Don't drink and IndianaMat. You'll end up posting non-sense like this.

How exactly can a regional be tougher than a semi-state? At semi-state you have your own regional, PLUS other regionals. Think (and don't drink) before you post.

Regional talk is

Portage

Merrilville

Crown Point

Chesterton

Lowell

Valpo

KV

Wheeler

And more that's the gist though

To start

This would Put out kids that would get to semi state in the current format and other kids would advance that wouldn't under the current. Which would make better kids siting out beciase their regional got tougher - That's how it could be tougher.

And for the record I advise not posting when you're at work at the mill getting angry that your boss is sleeping and you're doing everything.

Don't drink and IndianaMat. You'll end up posting non-sense like this.

How exactly can a regional be tougher than a semi-state? At semi-state you have your own regional, PLUS other regionals. Think (and don't drink) before you post.

Really drunk??? Well some of us are more aware of what is going than others. And some of us can have discussions. If your user name actually back up what it says you should understand this isn't good for the region. Any ways this is what I hear is in plan.

Sectionals- calumet moves to Merrillville

Crown point sectionals- andrean moves to Merrillville sectionals, and north Newton comes in crown point sectionals. Not a big deal there

Regionals- crown point sectionals and Merrillville sectionals is the new regional. So now let's think about that.

Portage, Hobart, Merrillville,crown point, Lowell, kv, valpo, wheeler , Hanover central, Hebron , Boone grove, north Newton, Griffith, lake station, river forest, andrean, highland, calumet and Gary west side

So what big strong programs are left in the region that are not in that regional?

Chesterton and lake central if we go with nwi top 10.

So that is 8 of the top 10 schools in our area will be in that regional. Yes we do have other regional coming in. Penn of course is a power house. But I'm more concern what happens in the region .

Those are just my thoughts.

Edited by Jdhomes

Not sure what happens with the other sectional and regionals. This is what I was told by a few other coaches from other schools. It doesn't make sense to change regional. If regionals stay the same then, It's just a change of venue. That just affects the schools hosting. But if what the other coaches that are more involve with Ihsaa is true ... well that isn't good. The changes have not been voted on but if we don't ask the right question and really pay attention of what's going on, than things like this can happen.

And your right what would happen to the other sectionals? I

Edited by Jdhomes

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.