Fargo Notable Results

MattM

Weird deal in the Joe Lee match.  Lee got taken out and I guess to his back (off camera) and both wrestlers are injured.  

It looked like it was going to be a simple push out and Lee tried to grab and turn him as they were going out.  They were going off camera so it was hard to see, but it kind of looked like when doing so fell flat to his back with San Miguel falling directly on top of him.  Both were down and tended to by medical personnel.  

San Miguel finally up, Lee still on his back.  They finally moved the camera.  Don't see any movement from Lee.  Joe finally up after well more than 5 minutes.  He walks off slowly and injury defaults.  Hopefully he'll be okay to continue later.  

Edited by SWINfan

If your looking for an alternative wrestler to support for the 152 title now that Joe Lee is out of the title hunt, may I suggest Griffin Parriott of MN. He will be wrestling in college for the Purdue Boilermakers.

Edited by MattM

Ellis and Rhoades fall at 285 by the way.  Joe Lee also defaults out in the conso's, as expected.

Jacob Gray picks up 2 more wins at 182 and is one win from being an All-American.  He and Andrew Davison (who got teched in the quarters) are in the same spot in the conso's with Konrath and Nick Lee already clinching all-american status by virtue of being in the semi's.  

Junior Men's Freestyle

After the morning session

Championship Round Semi-Finals

126 P. Konrath vs Zach Sherman of NJ Sherman is ranked 11th by Flo and AAed last year at Cadet. If he gets passed him he will likely have Austin Gomez of IL who is ranked 2nd and a returning AA.

132 N. Lee vs Mitch McKee of MN. A future Minnisota Golden Gopher has a long list of national accomplishments. If Lee gets past McKee it probably doesn't matter who he has in the finally.

Consols with one win to AA

182 J. Gray

195 A. Davison

Looks like J. Lee has injury defaulted his consol match. Unfortunate result since he was one win away from AA and if not for the accident he had a good shot at making the finals. Anyone have word on his injury?

Cadet placement rounds coming up in a few hours followed by Junior Semi- Finals.

Edited by MattM

Indiana's Cadet Placement matches starting soon if you have FloPro. 170 about to begin a a then:

182 L. Davison 1st/2nd Mat 1

195 E. Pokorney 3rd/4th Mat 3

220 K. Cornwell 7th/8th. Mat 7

Lucas Davison (Chesterton) Cadet 182 Freestyle Runner-Up

He earned two All American honors on this Fargo trip. Nice week for this young man. His team mate is up next and brother will be up tomorrow to add more to the Chesterton collection.

(My wife seems to think I need to go to my sisters diaper for beverage party for our nephew so someone else may need to cover the rest of the nights results. I am reluctantly going under the pretext he becomes a wrestler)

Lucas Davison (Chesterton) Cadet 182 Freestyle Runner-Up

He earned two All American honors on this Fargo trip. Nice week for this young man. His team mate is up next and brother will be up tomorrow to add more to the Chesterton collection.

(My wife seems to think I need to go to my sisters diaper for beverage party for our nephew so someone else may need to cover the rest of the nights results. I am reluctantly going under the pretext he becomes a wrestler)

why's your sister wearing a diaper and why are you having a party there?

Junior Men's Freestyle

After the morning session

Championship Round Semi-Finals

126 P. Konrath vs Zach Sherman of NJ Sherman is ranked 11th by Flo and AAed last year at Cadet. If he gets passed him he will likely have Austin Gomez of IL who is ranked 2nd and a returning AA.

132 N. Lee vs Mitch McKee of MN. A future Minnisota Golden Gopher has a long list of national accomplishments. If Lee gets past McKee it probably doesn't matter who he has in the finally.

Consols with one win to AA

182 J. Gray

195 A. Davison

Looks like J. Lee has injury defaulted his consol match. Unfortunate result since he was one win away from AA and if not for the accident he had a good shot at making the finals. Anyone have word on his injury?

Cadet placement rounds coming up in a few hours followed by Junior Semi- Finals.

126lbs. Paul Konrath wins 4-0 to advance to the championship match. He will wrestle Gomez of IL

138lbs. Nick Lee wins 14-4 to advance to the championship match. He has won every match by tech fall. 

Lee with the 14-4 TF reverses a loss to Mitchell McKee by the same score at UWW Nationals earlier this year.  He'll face MI Kanen Storr in the final.

Konrath vs. Austin Gomez of IL in the finals.

Davison will wrestle for 7th/8th?

Anyone know when the finals will be?

Lee with the 14-4 TF reverses a loss to Mitchell McKee by the same score at UWW Nationals earlier this year.  He'll face MI Kanen Storr in the final.

Konrath vs. Austin Gomez of IL in the finals.

Davison will wrestle for 7th/8th?

Anyone know when the finals will be?

Finals start at 11am eastern time tomorrow 

why's your sister wearing a diaper and why are you having a party there?

I was wondering the same thing.

Thanks for the updated guys.

Edited by MattM

Cadet Men's Freestyle

Final AA Results

182 L. Davison Runner-Up

195 E. Pokorney 4th

220 K. Cornwell 8th

Indiana 15th

Junior Men's Freestyle

Day 3 AA Matches

126 P. Konrath 1st/2nd vs Austin Gomez IL

138 N. Lee 1st/2nd vs Kanan Storr MI

195 A. Davison 7th/8th vs Sam Grove ND

Indiana currently in 13th

Edited by MattM

How does one get caught by a throw?

I guess it depends on how you interpret the word caught.  From a mere amateur wrestling fan the words made sense to me.  How do you interpret it? 

Edited by SWINfan

Helluva final at 138! Lee wins the title 11-10.  Down 8-3 inside the final minute, he gets a 4pt take down, couldn't get the fall so he switches position and rolls Storr twice to  go up 11-8.  Lee gives up a take down in the final seconds, stays flat and holds on for the big win.  

Storr put on a heck of a tournament and keep it very interesting with Lee. Hats off to that kid he definitely shows why he made the finals in such a tough bracket. The Iowa States Cyclones recruiting class, which Storr is a part, represented very well in the Junior division.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.