IHSWCA Academic All-State

Y2CJ41

OK OK OK - somehow I left some names off the lists! Grrrr - I think I may be a little forgetful? LOL

So you can add these deserving wrestlers to the lists!

Senior 1st Team - Tucker Moseley - 3.91 - North Montgomery HS - Coach Maurice Swain

Junior 1st Team - Corbin Maddox - 3.99 - Daleville HS - Coach Steve Duke

Junior 1st Team - Dylan Hicks - 3.86 - Daleville HS - Coach Steve Duke

Senior Honorable Mention - Riley Morehouse - 3.49 - North Montgomery HS - Coach Maurice Swain

Junior Honorable Mention - Andrew Ingenito - 3.56 - Daleville HS - Coach Steve Duke

My apologies,

JD Minch

Some more corrections;

Perry Meridian HS

Rilee Miller - JR 1st Team

Sunny NiEr - JR Hon Men

Brett Johnson - SR 1st Team

Logan Hurley - SR Hon Men

Matthew McCloskey - SR Hon Men

Westfield;

Evan Eldred - SR 1st Team NOT Hon Men

North White;

Jake Quasebarth - JR 1st Team

Jett Cronkhite - JR 1st Team

Muncie Central;

Matthew Cole - SR 1st Team

Richmond;

Alston Bane - JR 1st Team NOT SR 1st Team

Again - my apologies!

JD Minch - IHSWCA

I vote that the wrestlers making the list each year should get a free entry into the state finals, and also possiblyadded to the parade of champions if they're not already there as a wrestler.

This list is what being a student/athlete is all about.  What a great way that would be to honor their achievements in a public way!

I vote that the wrestlers making the list each year should get a free entry into the state finals, and also possiblyadded to the parade of champions if they're not already there as a wrestler.

This list is what being a student/athlete is all about.  What a great way that would be to honor their achievements in a public way!

This year it would cost the IHSWA $2900 to buy tickets for the wrestlers that made the all state first team list. 

This year it would cost the IHSWA $2900 to buy tickets for the wrestlers that made the all state first team list. 

It is great that so many kids made the academic list this year. I think that having the IHSWA pay for their state tickets and letting them walk is unnecessary though. Hopefully, their reward for their hard work is a scholarship or two to the college of their choice. Congrats to all the kids who worked hard on their academics and continue the hard work in college or your career.

Tickets should be free of charge from IHSAA, not IHSWCA.  

Who does all the ticket money and concession money go to anyways? More people in the stadium = more concession $$$

Well hopefully I have finally have all the corrections with these two;

Cody Widner - Twin Lakes - SR. 1st Team - not an Honorable Mention

Darius Taper - Taylor - SR Honorable Mention - unintentionally left off the list

We had a total of 327 Sr & Jr wrestlers on the 1st & Honorable Mention teams this year - representing 117 schools.

JD Minch - IHSWCA

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.