Grizzly Super 12 Duals

StevieWonder

What a great tournement. I'm not sure who was directly in charge of putting this together or running throughout the day but from my perspective, I'm not sure it could have been run any better. 6 full mats in 2 seperate gyms with 12 teams, each getting 6 duals.  Kudos to whomever came up with the "Team 13" idea, which filled the void of a team that dropped out & included JV or 2nd string wrestlers from each of the other schools participating. Congratulations to John Young Middle School, who took home a 6-0 record and the Chanpionship. The semi-final between John Young & Perry Meridian had the intensity & excitement of a State title match. Match was tied 48-48 after the 240lb with John young winning 7 of the final 8 matches & then a 285lb forfeit from Perry ended the dual. John Young brought a solid line-up from top to bottom, but particularly strong with their heavier weights that brought the win home after trailing the entire match. It should be added, this tournement started on time, yes I promise it did, and ended on time without cutting any corners.

I didn't go this year, but went the first two years. The people that put this on are the same people that put on elementary dual state. It should be noted that Franklin Community folks have a huge hand in running all ISWA state tournaments. We are lucky to have people like the Vanhorns, Chris Lynch, Mark Stevenson, and others. These folks give more time than you could ever imagine to make sure our wrestlers have great opportunities to wrestle, and for us to enjoy watching it.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.