UFC 167 GSP vs Hendricks

J.G.

Hendricks has a punchers chance, but that's it. GSP has shown that he can wrestle w/ the best and his grind out style will probably be too much.

He's had that "Punchers" chance in his last several Top 10 fights and somehow found a way.  I'm guessing we will have to see how his ground game, other than just pure wrestling, looks in this one.

I don't wanna start throwing out the usual labels w/ GSP and jynx the guy, but I've always said, even through the Spyder era that GSP was the best Mixed Martial Artist of all time....

when he gets beat it'll be because of A)boredom or B)age. He'll never get outclassed

Hendricks is gonna load up that big blow and get blast doubled before he knows what hit him, 5 times....

I don't wanna start throwing out the usual labels w/ GSP and jynx the guy, but I've always said, even through the Spyder era that GSP was the best Mixed Martial Artist of all time....

when he gets beat it'll be because of A)boredom or B)age. He'll never get outclassed

Hendricks is gonna load up that big blow and get blast doubled before he knows what hit him, 5 times....

I did notice on the UFC Insider documentaries that GSP brought in two Muay Thai fighting experts from Thailand specifically to break down and beat Hendricks knockout approach.  Hendrix on the other hand has spent even more time training wrestling and grappling because he knows he will have to use it much more than before if he want to neutralize GSP's smothering ground style.

My prediction is that GSP is winning in a unanimous decision.  However, I do expect Hendricks to make it interesting at some point in fight.  It wouldn't totally shock me if it's closer than unanimous, but it will shock me if GSP gets knocked out.

Looking forward to this one!!

Well the judges appreciated the number of strikes (regardless of how little most affected Hendricks) and saw enough good from GSP in round one which gave him the win in a close decision.  GSP in a cryptic interview said he needs to hang up his gloves for a little while and take care of some other issues.  I guess we will see what that means later.

Hendricks tapped when he was guillotined, rest of fight shouldn't have mattered. I had it 49-46 Gsp.

In honor of the JFK assassination are you adding more conspiracy theories.  That hold didn't even look like was all the way around his neck.  It was more him trying to figure out where to put his hands to shift his body than the 0.5 second that sorta look like a tap.

I know their not judges but all media outlets seem to be calling the fight for Hendricks.  They and White are saying the judges are to busy looking at any simple strikes over the true damaging strikes it should be about.

Dana definitely not happy with GSP's "sabbatical" talk.  Saying he needs to basically retire or not, rather than basically leaving it all fuzzy and unresolved.

Well I know 3 people that were right, 2 of the judges and me.

Condit is next welterweight champ if GSP does walk away.

You mean the guy Hendricks already beat?

I appreciate GSP's style and dominance as much as the next guy, but he lost that fight.  It shouldn't be a career achievement award and I hate when people say you have to really beat the champ to take the belt.  If you win 3 rounds to 2, you win the belt. 

Hendricks definitely won rounds 2 & 4 and GSP definitely won round 5.  Round 5 was really an error in judgement in Hendricks part because he thought he already won.  I've seen rounds 1 & 3 given to both fighters.  Almost everyone I talked to or could find on the Internet (Sherdog, ESPN, etc.) gave Hendricks some combination of three rounds to GSP's two. 

The judges are about the only ones that gave GSP the decision, but that doesn't mean they were right.  Those judges can make mistakes (and often do).  Google C.J. Ross. 

Oh well.  You have to live with decisions.  That's why wrestling is the greatest sport in the world...no judges. Did anyone else watch the Countdown show.  The part with Hendricks going back to OSU and the interview with John Smith was really cool. 

Hendricks won 2 rounds to 1 against Condit, He wouldn't have made it 4 and 5.

Gsp wins round 5, w/ 1, 3, and 4 being a toss up. Gsp peppered Hendricks to death in round 4 all Hendricks had was the late takedown which GSP escaped.

After GSP tends to his dad and deals w/ the suppposed Baby Momma Drama he'll be fine. He was clearly way distracted this fight and didn't have his best game and still won the fight. and still unoffically won the fight in the first 30 seconds when Hendricks TAPPED OUT.

Hopefully GSP brings Mark Perry in for his next camp. A french canadien karate master getting some Iowa style training might make him in unstoppable.

Gsp peppered Hendricks to death in round 4 all Hendricks had was the late takedown which GSP escaped.

After GSP tends to his dad and deals w/ the suppposed Baby Momma Drama he'll be fine. He was clearly way distracted this fight and didn't have his best game and still won the fight. and still unoffically won the fight in the first 30 seconds when Hendricks TAPPED OUT.

We will have to agree to disagree.  In Round 4, Hendricks landed 41 total strikes (18 significant) to GSP's 24 (14 significant). At some point, damage inflicted has to account for something.  And I really think saying Hendricks tapped is a stretch. 

Agreed.  GSP is a beast.  He will be back. 

Whatever you all say...the biggest thing sticking out to me are people saying Hendricks tapped...Watch the fight...What did he tap from?????  He did not tap...Maybe you were really excited and HOPED he tapped.  I like GSP.  I'm not sure how I feel about Hendricks, but he did not tap.