Jon Fitch cut by UFC

maligned

Jon Fitch gets cut by the UFC, along with a bunch of has-beens who have never sniffed his level of big matches and victories. 

Very sad.  Just goes to show how much more MMA is about entertainment than sport.  He is gone because of his wrestling, top-control style--plain and simple.  It's like the NFL axing the Bears because they have low-scoring games and an uninteresting offense.  Who cares about wins and losses, right?  Wow.

Yes, I was very shocked by this as well.  I really don't get it.  I know Fitch and Dana have had their differences, but to cut one of the top guys in your division is just terrible. 

If Dana doesn't like that style, I guess GSP better hope he doesn't lose any time soon. 

Only three career loses to GPS, Johnny Hendricks, and recently to Demian Maia.  He has not been on his championship contender games as of late but I agree no reason he should be cut until he loses to a lower teir guy.