This season TUF Sonnen vs. Jones

Wrestlingfan182

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Last nights episode...

BJJ is no match for wrestling. Mr. Gracie jitz got owned on the ground.

A decently out of shape guy with no sense urgency to move from guard on the ground got owned.  I wouldn't say that's a great example of Gracie BJJ.  May have been smarter if the guy didn't mention he was Gracie School trained because his preference didn't reflect well on that.

• 3 weeks later...

Read this on another thread and thought I would add it here.

I've been super impressed w/ Chael on the Ultimate fighter. He's been a dynamite coach and gentleman. He gets along great with his fighters and great w/ Jones.

On his fighters - He's showed that he's got familarity in working w/ fighters. I'm sure some of this is from his time w/ Quest. He's a great motivator! His speeches about "getting caught" and "emotions" and very good and could be applied in wrestling.

On his relationship w/ Jones - I think it's genuine and it's driving Jones nuts. Jones is hoping for the Sonen that we see building up for fights. But we are getting the Sonen that is focused on coaching his team. I also think Sonen is very aware of what he's doing and how it's affecting Jones also.

I agree Cale is doing great which suprised me seeing him on pre and post fights he seemed very arrogant but I have truly turned into a fan.He genuinely cares about all his fighters and gives them great advice . The fight with him and Jones should be really good

From what I have seen and heard over the past several years Chael has always been a very good coach and extremely knowledgeable guy when it comes to fighting techniques. He's just also good at making sure fights get attention even if it at the expense of him looking like the bad guy.  On a wrestling related note his knowledge base in international wrestlers is very impressive too. 

• 2 weeks later...