freakin' peewee...

Drooke

Ouch....hard to stay in the UFC if you get a black mark like this and are not an established fighter. Let's hope everything works itself out somehow.

Deserved or not, history shows us that if he wins when he comes back, he'll have every opportunity in the world.

Maybe it was in the brownies. Should've stuck with the "Blueberry Muffin Man"!  :D

From Dave's Facebook...

Dave Herman Out of UFC 136; Says Positive Marijuana Test to Blame, but Denies Use

By Matt Erickson

MMA writer

A heavyweight tussle at UFC 136 next week has been scrapped from the main card, and a featherweight rematch has been bumped up to take its place.

The UFC announced Wednesday that a bout between Dave "Pee Wee" Herman and Mike Russow is off because Herman had to withdraw, and Leonard Garcia vs. Nam Phan has moved up from the preliminary card to the pay-per-view slot.

But later Wednesday, Herman told Clinch Gear Radio that it was a failed preliminary drug test that knocked him out of the bout, saying he tested positive for marijuana ? but denying any use of the banned substance. Additionally, a source close to Russow's camp told MMA Fighting that marijuana was indeed the culprit.

"I'm still trying to figure it out myself," Herman told hosts Jeff Dotseth and Stephen Quadros. "Basically, they said I failed my drug test. I went in to get my drug test. A week later, they called and said they lost my urine specimen and I had to come back in and redo it. And I came back in and they said I failed it. It's impossible."

Herman (21-2, 1-0 UFC) denied any use of marijuana: "I don't even smoke. I haven't even had a beer in two months."

Herman told the show the Texas Department of Licensing and Regulation, which regulates MMA in the state, initially said he failed a first test, then failed a second for steroids. He also said the commission asked him to take a second test because it lost his first sample.

Herman won his UFC debut in June with a comeback win over Jon Olav Einemo that won Fight of the Night honors. The Indiana native has been training with Team Quest. Herman started his MMA career 15-0 with 15 stoppages ? 14 in the first round, including a 3-0 stint in EliteXC.

Russow (14-1, 1 NC, 3-0 UFC) beat Jon Madsen in March after a long injury layoff. A source close to Russow's camp told MMA Fighting the heavyweight does not yet have another fight booked.

Garcia and Phan's rematch moves from the prelims up to the pay-per-view. The two fought at the TUF 12 Finale last December with Garcia winning a controversial split decision and Fight of the Night honors. Garcia was unsuccessful in March in another rematch from a controversial split decision win when he was submitted by Chan Sung Jung. Phan is coming off a unanimous decision loss to Mike Brown at UFC 133 in August.

UFC 136 takes place Oct. 8 at the Toyota Center in Houston. It will be the promotion's first trip to Houston since UFC 69. The show, which will be preceded by a UFC Fan Expo on Oct. 7-8, features a pair of title fights ? the rematch between lightweight champion Frankie Edgar and Gray Maynard, plus a featherweight title bout between champ Jose Aldo and Kenny Florian.

Nick Diaz failed a drug test years ago and I'm sure he would be in the mix for champ, but no from ufc.

Diaz had a shot at the UFC title against GSP in an upcoming PPV it was tKeb away due to him avoided certain pre-fight obligations. Dana White was kind enough to keep him on the card against someone else but his patience has got to be wearing thin.

Are you sure that is Nick or his brother Nate that you are talking about?

Nick was brought over during the Strikeforce merger and was the one that lost his shot at GSP but Dana was nice enough to give him Penn as a consolation prize.

Nate has been towing the line and hasn't had a major mess up for awhile with doing as Dana White asks.

• 5 months later...

Nick Diaz failed a drug test years ago and I'm sure he would be in the mix for champ, but no from ufc. I always thought dave  was retarded after watching him interview with Bas Ruten.

Herman doesn't seem to take things seriosuly but that could all be a part of his training/fighting style. Some people perform better when they are extremely loose. It might appear as they are care-free or "retarded" but it doesn't always mean they are not focused.....although me may really be retarded.  Either way he used to be a lot bigger and If there were rumors he failed a secondary drug test for steroids I'm just surprised he passed drug tests when he wrestled for IU. He looked like he sprinkled steroids on his cereal for breakfast......