Line-ups for Purdue and Indiana next season

Both squad lost several starters from their roster....what do you folks think the line-ups will look like next season?

Purdue lost... Akif, Patacsil, Salazar, Manuel, Brown, and Pisarcik.

IU lost.... Kinser, Warren, Young, Manuel, Cameron, and Alcala.

VERY young team next year for the Boilermakers! But on the bright side there's no place to go but up!  Purdue has a great group of younger kids ready to jump into the lineup.  I see some surprises coming up in the lineup as those youngsters have improved greatly this year.  If they don't make the lineup they will definitely make the upper classmen work harder!!!  Win Win situation for the Boilers!  If the underclassmen can bond and bring pride and ownership back to their team they will get into the mix of the Big Ten soon.

I''ll take a stab at IU's lineup. Not a lot of room for optimism, unfortunately. Losing Brandon Wright was big, but even with him, there's just not a ton of talent on the roster. Barring some bizarre and sudden infusion of talent, this team is almost a lock for last place in the Big 10.

125 Brooks/Zimmer

133 Ortega

141 Richey/Niemann

149 Walsh

157 Morris/Konz

165 LeBlanc

174 Dale/Fretwell/Keiffer/Powell

184 ?? Dale, maybe

197 Powless

HW Fagiano

there's just not a ton of talent on the roster.

Dingo,

While they are still young and somewhat inexperienced the team does have some decent talent in the roster.  It really comes down to how much they put into their development over the next year.  I think the concern is more that we have not seen the team find that big leap in development over the last several seasons.  Who knows though maybe they have spent some time evaluating and plan a new process that can show some results.  I'm not expecting a leap to the top of the Big 10 but a to jump of a few places would be nice to see and plausible the circumstances are right.  We can only hope.

I''ll take a stab at IU's lineup. Not a lot of room for optimism, unfortunately. Losing Brandon Wright was big, but even with him, there's just not a ton of talent on the roster. Barring some bizarre and sudden infusion of talent, this team is almost a lock for last place in the Big 10.

125 Brooks/Zimmer

133 Ortega

141 Richey/Niemann

149 Walsh

157 Morris/Konz

165 LeBlanc

174 Dale/Fretwell/Keiffer/Powell

184 ?? Dale, maybe

197 Powless

HW Fagiano

Powless and ortega arent coming back, they were seniors.

Matt, I like your optimism, but I think this is the barest cupboard in the past 8 years in Bloomington.

More of a hope for a new direction in planning and development for the athletes.  Without that I tend to agree there isn't to much to be optimistic about with the young and somewhat untested team they have next season.

For Purdue you could look at it this way, cashe last year came in as a 1 time state champ, had a good season, great postseason, and got AA. Purdue is full of Indiana natives, 1 time  champs and more. Its about how their style translates to the competion and how hard they work. Now, Cashe is a really good wrestler, its possible to improve some of the younger guys, like Kyle Moiser, Porras, Eppert, Nelson, Atwood, the Welches. They just need to find those couple of diamonds in the rough,

For Purdue you could look at it this way, cashe last year came in as a 1 time state champ, had a good season, great postseason, and got AA. Purdue is full of Indiana natives, 1 time  champs and more. Its about how their style translates to the competion and how hard they work. Now, Cashe is a really good wrestler, its possible to improve some of the younger guys, like Kyle Moiser, Porras, Eppert, Nelson, Atwood, the Welches. They just need to find those couple of diamonds in the rough,

Plus Stein.

It will be interesting to see if the move up in weight negatively affects Cashe.

• 2 weeks later...

Purdue: I like Matthew Fields chances to be in the line up somewhere in the lower weights maybe 133 or 141. It'll be his 5th year there, gotta like his chances to start with such a young lineup

probally at 141, Cashe will probally be 133

• 2 months later...