GSP vs Anderson Silva

Penguin145

It is offical. At the Fight for the Troops Dana held a Q&A for the troops. First question out of the gate was When will GSP and silva fight? He announced if Silva wins his fight in Febuary and GSP whens his in March, GSP will be moving up to 185 and fight Silva. GSP also annouced that once he moves to 185 he is going to stay there. What is everyones predictions, and how will GSP do at 185?

GSP cleans it out, just like he did 170.

However I don't think Anderson gets past Vitor, so it's way to early to speculate.

I got GSP dominating 185 but Anderson is gonna destroy Belfort. He hasnt been performing well lately and he should know hes gotta step it up. Anderson is going to destroy Belfort

• 2 weeks later...

Silva can beat the best at 185 AND 205.  There is no way GSP wins his first fight at 185 against Silva...especially after seeong Silva do it again tonight.

Because Silva used a Steven Segall up kick? Belfort is good, but the UFC hype machine did a good job with him. He is brought in every couple of years and used to spruce up a division.

GSP can just hire Jean Claude VanDamm and go into Blood Sport training.

Because Silva used a Steven Segall up kick? Belfort is good, but the UFC hype machine did a good job with him. He is brought in every couple of years and used to spruce up a division.

GSP can just hire Jean Claude VanDamm and go into Blood Sport training.

Agreed.  Most of Silva's opponents are overrated.  He hasn't fought many top-level figthers.  Belfort hasn't  fought in a year and a half and hasn't fought at 185 in a very long time. 

GSP has the perfect style to beat Silva.  I think we've seen that Silva can beat strikers and BJJ guys but has trouble with wrestlers, guys who can work the clinch, and beat him up on the ground.  Hendo and Chael are the only guys who have really won rounds against Silva and look at their backgrounds. 

GSP won't be able to handle Silva's reach. Silva is also very good at stuffing the takedown so I would see this fight on their feet mostly which works better to Silva's reach. Silva has beat anyone they put in front of him. Sure some of his fights may look boring but he still walks out with the title so thats all that matters really. It's not his fault there is no competition out there for him. He even moved up to 205 due to the lack of competition at 185 so how can anyone bash him? I hope him and GSP do meet cause they both need a good fight.