RANKINGS UPDATED

RankingsGuy

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think that you are missing some good heavyweights in the rankings.

Tyler Melby from Westfield is 31-1

Blake Ford is 16-0

They should be there don't you think?

Cooper from HNorth is still ranked #5 but hasn't had any action this year?  Didn't wrestle last weekend at Avon.  Any word on his success this year? 

Who did Melby lose to this year?

Who wrestled for Huntington North at 285 at Avon Super Six?

I don't know who Melby lost to but is still 31-1.  There are guys ranked at 285 that have 6+ losses.

I think that Huntington North had a wrestler by the name of Mason in at 285 at the Avon 6-way.

How about records on the rankings?  That would really add to the discussion and the validity of the institution as it has become.

We are just getting to the point where coaches are sending dual meet scores, getting them to send complete records might be wishful thinking.

A good idea nonetheless.  Must have had to grown up on North Washington Street to get so sharp. ;D

I don't know who Melby lost to but is still 31-1.  There are guys ranked at 285 that have 6+ losses.

I think that Huntington North had a wrestler by the name of Mason in at 285 at the Avon 6-way.

How about records on the rankings?    That would really add to the discussion and the validity of the institution as it has become.

Andrew Mason (a junior) has been wrestling 285 for Huntington North and I am estimating that he is 23 - 5 or there abouts. 

We are just getting to the point where coaches are sending dual meet scores, getting them to send complete records might be wishful thinking.

A good idea nonetheless.  Must have had to grown up on North Washington Street to get so sharp. ;D

And we still don't have about 500 results, if not many more.

The rankings look solid, as usual.  I do have a question for the Rankings Guy.  You have the HN HWT. ranked, who hasn't wrestled all year, but will be returning.  Would you rank the backup, too, if you felt like he was one of the 16 best(not saying that he is) in the state?

i have a question for the rankings guy. Why isnt matt irick of hamilton southeastern ranked anymore?? he has only lost 2 matchs and both were ranked higher than him... I believe he is now 23-2 and he was a state qualifer last year too

Feel free to take your stab at the rankings any time.  We would love to have a "guest" ranker every now and then.  :)

I never understand posts like these.  Mustang makes a completely reasonable question about why someone is ranked where they are, and people get mad and say stuff like, "Wow, the rankings guy does such a great job, let's see you do better."  Isn't the sole reason these rankings exist is to create discussion like Mustang was just trying to bring up?  No need to get defensive.  I think we've all established RG does a great job with the rankings, and everyone respects that.  At this point, I think it's stupid to get all up in arms "defending" him every time someone questions the rankings, which is honestly why they were created in the first place.  What would the point be if everyone just said "Wow, RG.  These are the best rankings I've ever seen, I completely agree with every single placement you made."  Sometimes it seems like that's what some of you want people to say.

How about records on the rankings?    That would really add to the discussion and the validity of the institution as it has become.

Melby's loss is to Duell Ginter of Brownsburg.  Ginter has been pinned by Collett of Jennings County and beaten by Brian Snyder of Avon.

i have a question for the rankings guy. Why isnt matt irick of hamilton southeastern ranked anymore?? he has only lost 2 matchs and both were ranked higher than him... I believe he is now 23-2 and he was a state qualifer last year too

Irick at 160 was smoked 8-2 by unranked Ethan Dale of McCutcheon who himself has lost to other unranked wrestlers, off the top of my head Zach Eyster of Brownsburg being one.  This is why he is not ranked.

The rankings look solid, as usual.  I do have a question for the Rankings Guy.  You have the HN HWT. ranked, who hasn't wrestled all year, but will be returning.  Would you rank the backup, too, if you felt like he was one of the 16 best(not saying that he is) in the state?

Yes, an example of this is the Farmer brothers at Bloomington South, who have split time at 145 this year and both have been in the top 16 in the state at different times this year.

Irick at 160 was smoked 8-2 by unranked Ethan Dale of McCutcheon who himself has lost to other unranked wrestlers, off the top of my head Zach Eyster of Brownsburg being one.  This is why he is not ranked.

okay thank you didnt know that. irick dropped down to 152 for confernce and looked good he beat a noblesville kid who was undefeated pretty bad today

Cooper had a broken hand I believe.  He must be slated for return during the post season for him to be ranked.

From what I heard today, sound like Cooper from Huntington N. won't be wrestling again this year.  Recovery from his wrist surgery has gone slower than anticipated so it sounds like he doesn't want to risk further injury.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.