Do your part to help save team state in Indiana

ENoblewrestling

As we all know we are in danger of loosing the team state tournament in Indiana.  If we stand united we can make a difference and help to change our state assocations view on this event. 

The IHSWCA, and the Committee to Save Team State are working to save this event, but the entire Indiana Wrestling Community can do their part as well.  All you need to do is attend the the regional and/or state finals events.  It does not matter if your team is in the event or not.  Your attendence shows our state atheletic assocition not only that this event is profitable, but also popular, and important to our community as a whole.

It is the goal of the Committee to work not only to save this event, but to also to eventually class it so that it can effect more teams and indivduals than it currently does.  We hope that someday the team state finals will showcase the best schools of all sizes from around the state.

This event is too important to lose, please do your part.

The Commitee to Save team State is in the process of working to plan events, and advertise the importance of our team state series, it will take the involvement of the whole wrestling community to make this happen.

If you are interested in helping save this great event the first thing that each of you can do is to friend us on our facebook page:

http://www.facebook.com/topic.php?topic=19&uid=125793160819534#!/pages/Committee-to-Save-Team-State-Indiana-High-School-Wrestling/125793160819534

This page will have not only inforamation about upcoming events, and tournament sights, and times, but also pictures, news about the future of the team state event, and testimonials about the importance of this great event from our states top coaches and wrestlers.  We look foward to seeing you on facebook and at the team regional and state finals.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm just about the only stiff around here without a Facebook account so I can't go that route.  I will be supporting all throughout the tournament though.  Obviously butts in the seats are a question but is there a $$$ amount that they are wanting to attain that will appease them or make team state viable.  Don't know if this info can be shared but thought I'd ask.  Thanks and good luck to all working on this and all wrestlers next weekend.  SUPPORT TEAM STATE!

If the main reason for "loosing" Team State is attendance...........MD will save it

I totally agree. The support they have in the stands is amazing. I think they will see a huge increase in revenue this year if MD goes to state.

The main reason for the loss of Team State can be seen here on this website.  The popularity of wrestling has been declining for several years now.  Just look at the number of posters and posts on some of these threads.  Just an example:  The SIAC tournament thread for this week has only 2-3 pages.  I can remember a time where a thread like this would have 10-15 pages in a week.  Attendance at the events I have been to in the last few years has been declining.  I have been to every Team State since its inception.  Last year the whole crowd could have fit into a quarter of the gym.

How is a facebook group going to "save" team state?  This looks like a 4th grader wrote it.

Ya sorry about the spelling. I'm just trying to get the word out there, and I'm using a droid. It makes typing a pain, and doesn't help my poor spelling and grammer either.  I don't think that the facebook page is going to save the team state its just a way to get the word out to a large group of people very quickly.  If you have any better ideas please share them.  I have not seen anyone else doing anything for this so if you have any ideas that can advertise, and get people to the team state please share them.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.