The new Sanctioning Rules for MMA

DemOGuy

What is everyones thoughts of the new rules? Do you think young men should be able to cage fight before the age of 18!! The ones I have seen fight Deven Jackson, Brooks, Nealy, Richards have all been successful to start there carreers now they say No fighting until 18 I just want to hear some others views on this topic.

Do you have a summery of the new rules?  Are they just regulations to fight professionally in state or does that cover amateur fights too?  I haven't keep up on to much of it lately. 

I do not have the new rules infront of me I know everyone has to be liscenced and Knowone under 18 can fight wich will hold Brooks, Jackson and Richards back for a few years. I believe that should be up to the parents and the fighter to make that call. When I get them all I will post them!

I know there are some rules and regulations that differ between what amateurs and professionals can and can't do in a match in IN.  But after that I'm not very up to date on all the rules other than knowing they were going to make  some changes. 

The other question would be does this fall under just the MMA striking side of thing and if so I would assume submission type contests wouldn't be effected.  Seems as though this would be a very fuzzy rule considering Karate, Taekwando, boxing, etc also involve youth competitions with striking.  Seems they would really need to word the law this more of the emphasis what gear is used for protecting the fighters.

It is the right thing as kids younger than 18 don't need to be having their brains mashed in at such a young age.

That doesnt happen thats why there are refs. its just like any other sport they do a great job protecting fighters being around it I see more people getting injured wrestling or playing football!!

I agree with BB145!!!  I fought my first amateur fight when I was 19.  I had 10 amateur fights and I finally have fought my first pro fight and will be fighting my 2nd pro fight on February 5th.  Things move quickly.  I just turned 23 and I was able to have all of these fights along with wrestling in college and working the last 4 years.  Had I not been wrestling in college I would have probably fought around 20-30 fights.  A 17 year old body isn't nearly as strong as lets say a 23 year olds body. 

Brooks, Jackson, etc...they will be successful fighter in the future and this rule does suck for them, but if I were them I would think of it like this...it's just more time to hone the skills!